Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
tx
City
katy
How many veterans of the forum had twitches as their earliest sign or symptom of als.After the twitches how long did it take after the twitches did you begin to experience weakness that sent you to the dr. thx........

this question has been asked and answered a million times on this site. please go thru the archives. utilize the search options. read stickies...
good luck on your journey...

Twitches are not part of the criteria for diagnosing ALS!

I never knew I had twitching until the neuro pointed them out to me. Already had measurable weakness in that hand, though.

My 'twitches' were after the muscles had atrophied already. I didn't notice them until I'd already lost function. The neuro saw them in the new area that is dying. Once the first area went totally, the twitches went with it.

Really, sproty, with a basically normal EMG, you can stop worrying about ALS.

There are a zillion other things that can be wrong with you--but in ALS--SOMETHING major would have shown int he EMG.

Everyone has twitches--some more than others--with many causes being totally benign (harmless) Most "ALS" type of twitches are because of damage/loss to that area--and honestly, not even usually noticed by the person. At least mine -- weren't even felt. Of course, my dead areas are my hands--not legs, as I believe yours are.

You're able to exercise, I think? I'm not sure why you're still concerned with ALS.

I would recite my BFS/BFCS story again, but I know it is in the very first page of this sub-forum somewhere, so I won't. After 22 years of body-wide twitches get back to me and we will compare notes.

Best wishes.

I never heard a twitch fall from a tree....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back