Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Dunmow
City
Essex
hiya everyone, i went to the doctors today, ended up passing out :( in the chair and got soon to right away. scary but at least it was quick! i would of been waiting for ages.. still be there now. I told the doctor about everything, for the past day i have had something stuck down my throat and it's hurting my chest a little. i did take a tablet yesterday so ive got something for that, i'm having a blood test, does anything show up in a blood test?

Um...your post is very confusing.

You got a tablet for something stuck in your throat? You passed out at the doctor's office?

A blood test certainly can not diagnose ALS--but it could rule out a lot of other things--depending on what test was ordered.

Here are my questions:

WHAT did the doctor say? (ALS won't cause you to pass out)
I guess I'm trying to figure out what you're wanting us to answer for you at this point. Did you ask the doctor what he thought might be going on?

i took a tablet yesterday and about an hour after it felt like its stuck there. and it's been very burny.. and sore. yeah i'm not sure i have ALS.. ive been feeling very ill recently, hot and sick. she ordered a blood test to take my iron and what not.. if everything comes back fine i'm going to have to ask them for more test
i mean i know bulbar symptoms can cause feelings of something stuck in throat but how does it feel.. mines in the bottom of the throat like the top of my chest, and it feels like a small pill and its making me want to burp alot

Your original post is a little scattered and difficult to decipher. I am still not sure what your question is even after your clarification. You do sound a tad panicky though. I would suggest that you get off the computer and Internet and do some relaxation exercises. I am not trying to be curt, I just think that your anxiety is contributing to your symptoms. Stay in contact with your doctor and do not focus on one specific thing.

Enjoy your life.
Love and light
Meg

Pretty much what Meg said. You didn't answer the questions: What did the DOCTOR SAY? And, no, bulbar symptoms don't start with feeling like something is stuck in your throat---it would likely be slurring of your speech.

sorry, i was typing fast. my doctor said she thinks it's acid reflux, it's so painful :( im having the worst chest pains

sorry--acid reflux doesn't cause people to pass out either.

So, treat the acid reflux. Are there not OTC meds for that there?

i passed out because i was panicking.. yeah i was given medication for it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back