TR
State
Turkey
City
istanbul
Hello everybody.
I m from Turkey and 29 years old.
I just want some help.

Before my story i pray all als and other illness people.I hope god will help everybody

Everything started 4 months ago.I felt numbness on my head and on my right arm for 3 days.Then i went to neorology doctor and she wanted some blood test coz she had doubt about b12.

Well.Blood results said that my b12 vitamine is not enough.Then i had injection for 2 months and my b12 is okay now.
In this time i had alot of twitchs and numbness then these things gone away.I had some throat problem too.Its like a somethings in my throat or somebody chocks me.Then all sympthoms gone for a time.

But it started again.Some twitchs and weakness.They made some blood test and checked my ck.Ck is okay but i couldnt be sure.Visited another nerology doctor and he said that u are in major depression and i started to use paxil.
But this pill made me worse and for being sure i wanted EMG test from them.They made it and everythings okay.No problem in my EMG test.
After it i thought that all is okay now but just in one night like somebody stolen my power from my legs and arms.My knees inside as empty.I have no power on my arms and legs.Or feel like that.I cant manage myself while walking in the street sometimes.But i can carry any heavy things, can run and still powerful.No any losing power but i feel so weak.

Then crazy twitchs started again with cramps.Visited another nerology doctor and blood results are again ok.He said that you are powerful and energic.I asked him that so why do i feel as a dead body? what about cramps and twitchs on my body?He said that coz of depression.

I didnt believe him and visited another doctor and said that i have cramps,twitchs and weakness.He made some tests and said that its depression coz you are so powerfull.

Well.I visited 12 different doctors.Nerology,throat,psychiatrist.All of them said same things.(YOU ARE IN JUST HUGE DEPRESSION)

But i dont belive them.How can it be?I feel like a dead body.I have twitchs but not so strong now.I have cramps but these cramps come and go sometimes.I have problem on my throat.Like a somethings there and chocks me.i have doubt this is bulbar als coz my throat is worse and i have never felt like that before.
Somethings in my throat and that things are becoming worse every new day.
They were on my throat but now close to my tongue and so fast.And on my arms like a fire.They are burning.But my legs and feet so cold.My legs and arms itching as a crazy.

I wrote a letter to Turkish Als community and admin answered me.By the way admin is an eye doctor and als ill person since 1990.He said that dont worry coz you cant be als.But i m still not sure.

So what is that? I really dont understand anything and going to mad slowly slowly.Yes i m in huge depression coz lost my job but a depression can make these sympthoms?

Can ALS be so fast? Can it be ALS if blood results and EMG tests are ok ,can this illness hide itself? What can it be depression or any other illness

I believe in god and even if i have als i can accept it so easy.I just bored my this unknown situation.Just want to be sure whats that?ALS,Depression or any other illness?

Greetings from Turkey
Have a nice day

Nothing you points to ALS, so relax.

Dear Lotusturk,

The mind cam B all powreful! If U hjace been to 12 diffremt docs in 4 shoert mos. & they all sauy the same thimg, then B thankful. I just wishjed we jhad access 2 healhtcaer like U have!

Depression can cause a lot of symptoms. If the EMG was clear and your bloodwork is clear--and you have seen 12 doctors--you do NOT have ALS.

Anxiety can cause a lot of problems, dear. Bulbar ALS first symptom would be slurring of speech.

If you can run and lift heavy things--there is no weakness. Those with ALS in their legs certainly don't run. With arms, they don't lift heavy objects.

Something can be wrong--go to your general doctor and treat the depression. Those meds take about 6 weeks to notice any improvement.

Good luck

Hello, i am having the EXACT same symptoms as you.
it's like you read one thing on the internet and see one symptom and think omg i have that symptom, look at the rest and your mind makes you think you have it.
My strength is fine.. i can run i can lift objects but i feel like a dead body i feel like im slowly being paralysed.. i have horrible breathing problems too, but like people have said above its the speach you would of noticed first but whats scary about that? nothing.. you notice the breathing one because it's scary.. and i can guarantee you will start thinking your slurring your speech, our minds do horrible things to us.
your lucky u have seen 12 doctors. and had an emg.. they have said your fine
i think once you actually start feeling weak properly, then you should start going back the doctors but thats when you cant pick anything up, and surely the thing in your throat? bulbar patients get this from not being able to swollow properly and it gets stuck? i think you need to get councilling. be given beta blockers or something for your anxiety you need to help something with you panic.

Depression can cause a lot of symptoms. If the EMG was clear and your bloodwork is clear--and you have seen 12 doctors--you do NOT have ALS.

Anxiety can cause a lot of problems, dear. Bulbar ALS first symptom would be slurring of speech.

If you can run and lift heavy things--there is no weakness. Those with ALS in their legs certainly don't run. With arms, they don't lift heavy objects.

Something can be wrong--go to your general doctor and treat the depression. Those meds take about 6 weeks to notice any improvement.

Good luck

Thank you for the answer.
Anyway i m using anti depressan and doctor has said that i have major depression problem.
But i really dont understand that major depression can make these sympthoms?
I m giving blood 3 times in a week.
And they check everything in my blood(blood results 4 page)
But i m still not sure.

Greetings from Turkey

Depression can cause all of your symptoms. That much doctor hopping also points to a psychological issue. They cannot all be wrong. Depression is horrible and life threatening. You need to take their diagnosis seriously and get treatment and counciling urgently.

I know a Drs wife who spent 6 months paralysed and hospitalized with depression, so yes it can cause anything.p

Hello, i am having the EXACT same symptoms as you.
it's like you read one thing on the internet and see one symptom and think omg i have that symptom, look at the rest and your mind makes you think you have it.
My strength is fine.. i can run i can lift objects but i feel like a dead body i feel like im slowly being paralysed.. i have horrible breathing problems too, but like people have said above its the speach you would of noticed first but whats scary about that? nothing.. you notice the breathing one because it's scary.. and i can guarantee you will start thinking your slurring your speech, our minds do horrible things to us.
your lucky u have seen 12 doctors. and had an emg.. they have said your fine
i think once you actually start feeling weak properly, then you should start going back the doctors but thats when you cant pick anything up, and surely the thing in your throat? bulbar patients get this from not being able to swollow properly and it gets stuck? i think you need to get councilling. be given beta blockers or something for your anxiety you need to help something with you panic.

Thanks for the answer.
Maybe i understand you complety.
When i read some sympthoms by internet, i send signal to my brain about that sympthoms and my brain creats that sympthoms in a short time and answer me back.
Sometimes i m thinking that if i had no internet maybe i would never feel doubt about Als in my body.
Yes my major depression is really hard and difficult.And i have heard alot of people like me when they are in depression.
As i wrote that forum before, i really dont afraid any illness.Just that unknown situation disturbs me.

Greeting from Turkey

Depression can cause all of your symptoms. That much doctor hopping also points to a psychological issue. They cannot all be wrong. Depression is horrible and life threatening. You need to take their diagnosis seriously and get treatment and counciling urgently.

I know a Drs wife who spent 6 months paralysed and hospitalized with depression, so yes it can cause anything.p

Thank you for the answer and get healthy soon.
I really understand you and all people around me but you know that nobody knows better about my body than me.
I just say what i feel to doctors, forums and my family.
Yes, maybe depression can make all these sympthoms but having doubt about Als must be normal that kind of people just like me?

Coz when i search by internet twitch,throat problem,cramp and i see Als illness in front of me. A lot of people just like me in Turkish Als forum.They ask that sympthoms.
And i have read a story about a Turkish als ill person.
He wrote that everything were normal about my blood test and emg.In same time i was using anti depressan coz of my depression.Nobody noticed that i have Als.When i say to them i have that kind of sympthoms they just said that coz of your depression.
But after a time doctors diagnosied my illness and i have als.

That story really confused my mind.

Greetings from Turkey

yes exactly i have been having muscle twitches everywhere all the time and funny tingling for ages and it has always felt normal to me but as soon as i went on the internet i saw other symptoms i start thinking its true and i have this disease.

yes exactly i have been having muscle twitches everywhere all the time and funny tingling for ages and it has always felt normal to me but as soon as i went on the internet i saw other symptoms i start thinking its true and i have this disease.

So hows your health now?Still same sympthoms?
By the way how old are you?

i'm only 17 so i'm very young.. not sure really after seeing the websites and other symptoms on als i have had really bad tiredness in the muscles.. i still feel like im not getting enough air.. but ive had my lungs and air ways checked.. they said it was just anxiety.. i feel like my muscles are giving up and im not getting enough air it's very very scary

i'm only 17 so i'm very young.. not sure really after seeing the websites and other symptoms on als i have had really bad tiredness in the muscles.. i still feel like im not getting enough air.. but ive had my lungs and air ways checked.. they said it was just anxiety.. i feel like my muscles are giving up and im not getting enough air it's very very scary

Wish i could help you but i dont understand even about my sympthoms and situation.
Hows your blood test?
What about emg?
Did you go to any norology doctor?

yeah i know, i havnt had any tests ive only really been like this for a few days but had the breathing problems for a month and was given something for my nose and anti biotics, i went hospital and man gave me a physical and said i was fine and had no neurogical problem.. but since ive been scared ive been more achey and more twitchy :(

Seriously people--get a grip here. You're terrifying yourselves--both of you--for no reason. The mind can play tricks on you--it can literally make you ill. Stop researching ALS--and see how you feel in a month.

If you have REAL symptoms--falling, muscles wasting away, inability to do daily living tasks--THEN get checked out.

The things you're describing really aren't ALS symptoms. The absolute best thing you could do is stay away from ANY research on ALS. Feel better and enjoy your youth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back