Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
tx
City
houston
needle emg studies: normal involuntary resting and voluntary motor unit potential activity was recorded in l2,l3,l4,l5,s1 and s2 innervated paraspinals and distal musculature within the lower extremities bilaterally. normal involuntary insertional,involuntary resting and voluntary motor unit potential activity was recored in c5,c6,c7,c8 and t1 innervated paraspinals and distal musculature within the upper extremities bilaterally.. in laymans terms what does this mean.......i got this in the mail from my gp office i go in to see him monday..he ordered the emg for me last week........a tech came out to his office and performed the 2 hour test on me and a nuero exaines the results......... thx agian guys for your help......

In laymans terms it means you have a NORMAL EMG. Congratulations

needle emg studies: normal involuntary resting and voluntary motor unit potential activity was recorded in l2,l3,l4,l5,s1 and s2 innervated paraspinals and distal musculature within the lower extremities bilaterally.

normal involuntary insertional,involuntary resting and voluntary motor unit potential activity was recored in c5,c6,c7,c8 and t1 innervated paraspinals and distal musculature within the upper extremities bilaterally..

in laymans terms what does this mean....

See the things I bolded in the quote above.

Normal lower extremities bilaterally --> both legs and feet normal.

Normal upper extremities bilaterally --> both arms and hands normal.

The stuff in between is doctorspeak for what muscle groups were checked and what activity states the muscle groups were tested in.

Congratulations. It looks like your EMG was clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back