Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
US
State
FL
City
Jacksonville
Day after Easter, and guess what? My doctor brands me with an ALS diagnosis...Kind of in shock right now..
He thinks that in a couple of months I should get a brace for my left leg, since my foot drop has definitely worsened. My grip is gradually weakening as well.
Turns out my grandfather had ALS, we just found out that it runs in the family...so yeah.

So sorry to hear of your whammy. Devastating news, what a lot to take on board...and in the family too. Thinking of you & hoping we can be some support.

Sorry to hear that. Hope we can help you along the way.

AL.

Allastor I am so sorry for your diagnosis. I know this is devastating news, as I always say the sun will rise tomorrow so keep living everyday to it's fullest.

There are plenty of people who to offer you advice and support!

Alastor, so sorry that you have had it confirmed. You are an amazing young man. Your maturity, and the sincerity in which you answer peoples queries, is incredible. Your parents must be so proud of you.
Aly

I'm so sorry that you got this news. Stay close Alastor! There are lots of very smart and caring people here that are in the same boat.

Hugs to you. We are in this together. I pray it's slow and you enjoy many many years! Heck...I pray it simply stops or they find a cure. Xoxo

I intend to remain optimistic, seeing as there's really no other alternative. This has completely opened my eyes. No more taking life for granted...
Thank you SO MUCH for your support, all of you. :)
I think my Mom is having more trouble than I am, coping with this news...Pray for her, SHE's the one who desperately needs it.

Last edited:
I will keep you both in my prayers. There are a lot of caregivers on this foru, perhaps you could encourage her to join.

Love your attitude!

Keep your head up. Your positive attitude is an inspiration to us all. Remember there is always hope. If you have hope, you have life.

So sorry to read of your diagnosis Alastor. I will pray for you and your mom.
Laurel

this stinks in ways i didnt know stunk.
im so very sorry for so many reasons.
and yes, please send your mom this way...

Sorry to say it, welcome to the family. This site is like a a owners manul to your new body and life. all of us here have or will go through every symptom. the folks here can answer all ? about how to deal wil the changes you will face better then doc can just because we live our livesin this als body

I am so sorry about you being here, but hope we can help in some way:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back