Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
MO
City
kansas city
Hi everyone

well, i have been reading these forums for quite some time and never thought i would actually post. (AL you are my idol :wink:) anyways, i have been twitching for around 18 months... started in october 2009. i was 22 when all this crap started, just got married that september, everything was pretty awesome and then BAM my eye started twitching. the weird thing was that you couldnt see it twitching, it felt like it was my actual eyeball! i did notice other little twitches here and there too but didnt really fret on it or anything. just kept on livin life normal.

twitching, twitching, twitching. i decided to go to my normal doctor lady, and she was like huh? took my blood and sent me to a nuerologist and i was SCARED TO DEATH. i went and the guy was so hard to understand LOL he didnt really tell me what he thought was wrong and im just some crazy young chick LOL but really though! i had 2 mri's and they were both normal. my insurance ran out before i had the emg- long story.btw, blood normal. no thyroid issues, nothing.

also, i have alot of other symptoms. well first there is the twitching, which is everywhere, and i mean everywhere. legs, back, stomach, face, but mostly my left arm and wrist and also my fingers. i have twitches in my left forearm that will move my fingers! i hate those the most.... my left wrist is also smaller and looks more wrinkly than the other one...

other strange symptoms are these annoying eye floaters, and my pupils are unequal. i have been to the eye doc and he said that everything looks normal and that i am supposed to pay a buttload of cash to have cocaine dropped into my eyes and looked at? LOL my knees! they hurt SO BAD when i stand up and they are like this on and off but they are horrible lately and have been hurting for months. i dont feel normal anymore. i am always hot, its annoying. i feel like im wasting away to nothing. i am only 24 for god sakes and i feel like im 80 years old. my whole body is always achy, im always tired..... back flank pain that has been there for the last 4 years (since i got ran over lol)

i know that noone can tell me what i am facing here but it would be nice for someone to tell me that i am too young to have als, but unfortunatly i know there are some people my ago with als. i really dont have too much weakness, besides in the knees when i stand up and also my left arm is kinda bad but i still hold cups and turn keys and what not. i live life normally but these damn twitches.... :( would i be totally weak with als by now? and how likely am i to have it at the age of 22-24?

and omg i just realized how long this is. sorry guys! i really havent gotten to voice my concerns with anyone..... thanks for reading this.
-amanda-

Have you thought about going to an ALS clinic to be evaluated? My brother was finaly diagnosed at John's Hopkins a few years back. Perhaps there's a clinic near you. I sure hope they find something else wrong with you than ALS. Good luck and best wishes.

i have but im too scared of what they will tell me :( i have 2 small children and the thought of having als kills me. i am hoping im too young and that there is something else wrong with me. how old was your brother when he found out he had als and what were his first symptoms?

Hon--your symptoms don't sound at all like ALS for lots of reasons. ALS does not cause pain in Joints (your knees) It does not cause problems with your sight--at all. Twitches usually are nothing to worry about.

WHen you think of weak think: Can I push a spray can? Hold a toothbrush? Tie my shoes? Lift my leg to walk up stairs? If you can do these things--all of them--you shouldn't worry about ALS

ALS is like 2 in every 100k people--and the majority of those are 50+

If you had atrophy, your doctor would notice it--believe me, it's more than obvious when someone looks at it.

I will pray that you find a diagnosed other than this beast. The EMG is a must for you to do. I understand the insurance part, however you have to put your health first. ALS knows no age, race or gender. Hugs to you. Keep us updated after your testing.

You should be posting in the "Do I have ALS" section, I think?

Go to a doctor.

faraway and twinmommie-- why do you two think she has als? your words are a bit disturbing to new people who are already in a huge panic.

I think they are just trying to get Miss Twitchy to go to the doctor and find out she doesn't have ALS so that she can get over it. None of the symptoms sound like ALS. This young lady is worrying, in all probablility, unnecessarily.

Yea I understand...I was in this poor girls spot to...and just recently accepted that my anxiety got the best of me

naynaydevil.
sometimes if you just put d.x or diognosis when it posts it comes up with als diognosis..........a glitch in the system we have had for a while.
i always check my posts after to edit the als bit if its not appropriate.
reading twinmommies post its seems this may be the case.
its best to check your posts and edit them if need be.

just had to edit als after d.x,put fullstop inbtween to outsmart the system lol.

aaahh i see... it looks like thats the case with your forum interest to?! yea, i have to start proofreading before i post i guess then. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back