Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
VA
City
Forest
So, I went to a second neurologist today and tested my strength, reflexes, and tested for the babinski sign...Everything was normal... I told him about the twitching, cramping, aches, spaced out feeling, eye pain, cracking joints, and lack of energy and he told me he it wasn't ALS or MS.. He stated he thinks it's the result of anxiety and stress. He prescribed Lexapro and told me if I wanted to put my mind at ease he would order a EMG and MRI... I guess I'll wait to see how the medication works....

So believe him and stay off the internet.

AL.

Ok--two Neuro's then, have told you that you don't have ALS. You posted another question yet again today. How many neuros do you need to make you believe it's not ALS?

I'm not trying to be mean--but what exactly is it you're hoping someone here is going to tell you? Your symptoms don't FIT ALS. It doesn't cause "spaced out" or "crackling" or "eye pain".

Look up fibromyalgia--it CAN cause most of the things you're complaining of. It causes widespread pain, what we call 'fibrofog" (spaced out feeling" Though--it doesn't generally cause eye pain, I don't believe.

The only way to rule out MS totally is via MRI and/or Spinal Tap and evoked potential testing--and it can take YEARS to diagnose.

Remember, everyone twitches. And, to be blunt, when we're concerned that something is wrong--we notice things that are always happening to us--but most would never think to see or feel. You're hyper-aware of your body at this point---listen to the neuro and stop thinking ALS. With no abnormal reflexes or clinical weakness--you just don't have it. If you're having twitches--look up benign fasciculation syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back