Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
uk
State
cheshire
City
mancheter
hi everyone my nane is robert from manchester england my symtoms started on christmas day with a violent twitch on my upper left arm then three weeks later i started to get an odd twitch in my both calfs this twitch is made worse by flexing my legs i went to my neurolagist who gave me a exam he said it was one of three diseases mnd being last on the list but still a posabilaty the other two being cerical spondylosis and neuromyotonia he favered the spondyiosis because i had the c5 disc removed 20 years ago as a result of a football injury i then had a mri scan on cervical spine then a emg and nerve test the result was negative for mnd and it was the c5 disc causing the problem in my arm the emg was done in my legs and arms and stomach the neuro assured me there was no mnd however i have now develeped twitces in both hands that started on the same day these twitchs are only noticable when my hands are in a certain postision ie when holding steering wheel my gp said it down to the c5 disc but he wrote to my neuro and now he wrote to me with a appoinment at hope hospital on manchester i have also develped a electric shock jerk type sympom my gp asured me this is not a mnd symtom i am still very worried about this horrable disease as it saw my aunt die of this 1 year ago she was not blood related would somebody please reasure me and maybe advise me thanks kindly

You are saying it yourself. It's what your neuro says it is.

Trust him/her and go watch Man Utd win the Premier League. =)

Hi Robert,

Who you seeing at hope, we go there and they have a great team so rest assured they will sort it out for you ? xxx Praying its not Ang

can somebody please comfirm what my neuro told me that if i had mnd that something would of shown on my emg even if it was only miner

Oh not heard of him/her we see Dr Ealing or there's Dr Hamdalla too (They are the Neurologists) that we see, but maybe heaven forbid you will meet them after all your testing is done, we saw other doctors prior to Dr Ealing so your probably going through the process,but Hope is a good hospital and they are thorough when is your appointment ?

Let us know how you get on, hopefully ALS/MND is completely rule out, But it can take them sometime to completely rule out if nothing else rares its ugly head, so patience and trust is a biggie, took them 12months to diagnose Mick. The electric shock jerk movement is definately not MND related sounds like your GP is on the ball too,so trust them. xx Ang

does a emg rule it out that is what my neuro said and also my gp said that twitching is unlikely but not impossible to start in two limbs at the same time

Your Neuro told you that EMG rules out MND and you don't bellieve him so you ask a bunch of strangers who may or may not have the faintest clue about what the right answer is but just like to feel important by answering. Believe the doc. He's got the education. He's right.

AL.

does a emg rule it out that is what my neuro said and also my gp said that twitching is unlikely but not impossible to start in two limbs at the same time

Why are you doubting what your neuro has told you? Twitching by itself is not a symptom of MND. Why worry when your neuro has cleared you?

i know you are correct but my gp wrote to him to tell that both hands are now twitching and my neuro has wrote to me for me to see him again when i first saw my neurolagist he examened me and told me that mnd was a possabilty after my tests he told mnd was ruled out so i am just worried with these new symtoms why he wants to see me again i have suffered with my aunt who died last year with mnd i know what a horrible illness it is

ALS is not the only condition that neurologists treat. It's common for neuros to recommend periodic followup, especially when a definite diagnosis has not yet been determined.

The neuro probably wants to confirm that the C5 disc problem is responsible for your new symptoms in your arms and hands, just as it was responsible for your former symptoms.

Relax. And stop looking at stuff about ALS on the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back