Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
new hampshire
City
salem
Let me start off by saying, im not your average "g88gle freak". but i did happen to g**gle my symptoms, and ended up here. usually something like G**gle wouldnt freak me out. but it did this time.

I understand you folks get bombarded with ridiculous questions and i apologize ahead of time if thats the case here.

i saw my GP---he thinks im anxious and that my adreniline is in overdrive?! but should i go see a neuro based on these symptoms------

5 months ago--- body wide fasics. everywhere. all day, everyday.

3 months ago--- very stiff ankles/heels/feet when i wake up in the morning, although walking around and being awake for 10-15 min. cures that.

3 months ago--- achey legs. from the knee down.

a month ago--- twithcing primarly in ONE leg. although i do feel it all over my body, the fasics on one leg are smaller twitches and more of them.

today--- very stiff neck..but it does feel like a pulled muscle, although i don't remember injuring it.

please tell me what you folks think, even though i know your not drs. im just looking for advice or opinions.

also, i notice my limbs are shakey sometimes. like if i have them sitting in a certain position... but i think that just might be me being hypersensitive to everything that happnens now. and im really not sure the difference of "clinical weakness" and percieved weakness

With ALS, it's not how your body feels, but how your body fails. ALS is a progressive degenerative neuromuscular disease, which means that, over time (and a short time at that), more and more nerves and the muscles that they control will fail -- permanently. It starts in one part of the body -- a hand, a foot, your mouth or tongue -- and spreads through the body from there.

If no muscles are failing, it's not ALS. If the muscle failures aren't spreading -- from the fingers up the arm, from the foot up the leg, or from the tongue to the rest of the mouth and throat -- it's not likely to be ALS. If your problems come and go, it's not ALS.

Nothing you've said here would lead anyone who knows about ALS to think that you have ALS. Hence, the reaction and advice of your GP. The best way for you to feel better is to put ALS out of your mind, stop reading about rare fatal diseases on the Internet, and relax.

Good luck.

Listen to your doctor even if he didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night

Thanks for the replies. The stiff sore neck and shoulders is really what's getting to me because its pretty severe but none of that is consistent with als correct?

Nope it is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back