Reason
Other
Country
US
State
CA
City
Los Angeles
Hi...I have a quick question. I haven't posted in awhile, and I have a new issue that has come up. Whenever I go to sit down, my right leg feels tense...like it is unable to relax. It is difficult to fall asleep at night due to this. It is not an achy feeling, just tight. I haven't been exercising or doing heavy lifting. Has anyone experienced this before or after their diagnosis? Is it something that was an initial symptom? It's been going on for a couple weeks now and I haven't seen a doctor regarding it. I don't have any stiffness in that leg. The second I wake up, I feel the tense feeling, but it is completely fine the moment I hit the floor. Thank you in advance for your responses.

It is also a very irritating feeling, and it feels as if someone is tugging on my leg from my hip. My reflexes were checked in this leg about 3 weeks ago. Has anyone had this as an initial symptom?

I recommend that you don't sit down or lay down then.

I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow. It is getting to be painful. Is this what spasticity feels like?

When you had your reflexes checked in that leg, what were the results?

And michelleG, you began posting your symptoms on the board nearly two years ago concerning symptoms going back nearly a year before that. Time has proven all of your concerns about ALS wrong, because had you had ALS at the beginning or at any other time in the past three years you would have seen progression by now, and what you have described over that time is not ALS progression.

Don't you think it's time to stop fishing in these waters? The answers you are looking for aren't here.

Thank you for responding. My reflexes were normal.

If your reflexes in that leg were normal, then your problem isn't caused by ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back