Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
ga
City
atlanta
I know we've talked, but this is just so damn scary...the little twitches came back after weeks of nothing, and my hand just feels week I picked something up at worked today (to be fair after I had been lifting alot of stuff,..I'm a stocker for a pet store) an the whole arm would not stop shaking, after years of doing this I don't think I've ever had that be the case. I mean was onset sudden for you guys, did it sneak up on you or what? The hand kinda wants to close up, and it feels so strange it almost tickles ( no like pens and needles) I'm not normally a worrier but I just want to know whats going on. I guess what I really want is to talk about your experiences if you have the time to share, thanks guys.

Onset of ALS sneaks up on you, but there is usually a catalyzing event that draws your attention to what's happening. Nothing as dramatic as what you're describing.

Things like a key that turns stiffly in a lock. A button you can't button. A step or doormat that you keep tripping on. Funny looks from your co-workers or friends when you say certain words.

Your problem today sounds like fatigue. Maybe an early warning about repetitive stress problems in how you do your work.

Well last night was certainly freaky, I ended up having fascia twitching in my right side foot as well...went on all night. I've been having alot of it these days, maybe its stress but it doesn't explain the hand weirdness at all. The thing is it hasn't been that dramatic, I've been dealing with this "off" hand sensation for months. An there is alot of little things like that, that bother me. I don't know its all just worrisome and confusing.

Yeah I agree, it sounds like stress to me.

Hand stuff sounds like carpal tunnel to me.

AL .

ALS on to a good thought! Which fingers are playing up exactly and where is the fuzzy feeling in your hand?

It is the thumb, forefinger and middle finger...so yeah I've thought carpal too...the strange thing though is it's really the tendons in the hand and in between the fingers that really bothers me. Um, no pain, this is going to sound slightly embarassing but it's like the euphoric feeling you get when real drunk, or while being intimate but it's just in the hand. You know how you go weak at the knees? Well it's almost like I go weak at the hand. I thought I pulled a muscle or something, but had I pulled a muscle I'd think it would hurt, the forearm feels sore as well and so does the bicept. all these tendons are connected and I wouldn't be surprised if thats what it was but the "slowness " I assume what spasicity is suppose to be kinda bothers me, the reaction time in the other finger seems to be a bit better. The sensations come an go in different areas of the top of my hand, but I don't notice any twitching or anything of the sort save for at the base of the index finger. An I've done strength test (both at home and the doctor) and it doesn't seem like any of the digits are weaker, grip seems fine. Sorry this was all so long, I know nobody here is a doctor or anything, I just really needed to vent. It could very well be typing related though, I have a ganglion cyst in that hand, I've had it since I was little maybe all the hard strain of late is messing with some stuff. I mean if I was having issues, they would have gotten progressively worse over these 4 months right?

Well that points to carpal tunnel. I know what you are saying about the weird feeling you have. That can come from nerve disruption as well. I had jaw surgery many years ago and where the scar runs down my face in front of my ear, I get that euphoric sensation if I get a fright! Its just the nerves unhappy!
CT does not always go hand in hand (excuse the pun) with pain. You can have weakness, altered sensations, numbness and whole lot of other symptoms.
I am no Doctor, but you need to look at common causes before rare causes/
Aly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back