wheeler641

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
indiana
City
dyer
I do not have als, i however have several undiagnosed symptoms, i read the forums daily and wanted to tell you what a great helphul group of people you are. I noticed something today that might be helpful in keeping some of the crazies off. Unlike some forums after you read a certain amount of posts you are required to sign in. This requires you to sign in and create a user name and register. Just maybe if you let people read as much as they want without requiring them to sign in, they might read some more of the posts and determine by themselves they do not have als. I belong to a couple of other forums and you can read till your heart is content without ever creating an account. I am not saying this would work with everyone, some are convinced they have als and will not give up until someone confirms their fears. Just a thought, might be worth a shot, just might eliminate a bunch of unwanted questions thanks margaret

Hi wheeler. I am pretty sure this forum does just that. I viewed a few then had to sign in to cont.inue using it. Might becwrong but that's how I remember it.
It's fine for people to ask questions, even if they are a little, " over anxious". The problem is , out of just good manners people need to listen to the advice. The time I lost my patience was when a young man had heaps of attention, then when there was a short lull in replies, he threw a tantrum. As a mother of 5 I was disgusted in that sort of behaviour, so sadly threw a tantrum of my own.
Have a lovely day
Aly

As far as I know you can read as much as you want withhout joining. If David who's MIA would call me I'd know for sure.

AL.

al, i do not log in unless i have something positive to add, most of the time i just read to see if anyone else has symptoms like mine. I can assure after reading around 15 or so posts, you have to create an account or log in or you cannot read any further. If you notice when i am reading the posts it will tell me I either have to log in or create an account, most of the time i just just log in and read a few posts than log out and can read again for another 15 or so posts. If people could just read all the posts without having to create an account, you might cut down on people that might be just looking for some sort of answer and if allowed to look further they might just decide on their own, they do not have als. However once they create an account to read further, i guarantee they will start asking numerous question, heck why not, they have an account now just thought this info might help. margaret

Thanks. Maybe I'll log out and see what happens.

AL.

al, i do not log in unless i have something positive to add, most of the time i just read to see if anyone else has symptoms like mine. I can assure after reading around 15 or so posts, you have to create an account or log in or you cannot read any further. If you notice when i am reading the posts it will tell me I either have to log in or create an account, most of the time i just just log in and read a few posts than log out and can read again for another 15 or so posts.

I read posts on the forum for a couple of hours each day for two months before I joined. I don't know why my experience was different than yours!

I have noticed that I can read and read and read without logging in. But I do remember way back when I first joined experiencing what Margaret described. I just assumed they had done away with that feature. I wonder why it does it for some and not others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back