Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
alabama
City
arab
I read where a girl discovered she had leg onset of ALS when she couldnt lift herself from the ground with one leg. i tried doing that and fell down? i didnt think most people could do that.

i can do a large number of squats with both legs no problem. even with 20 lbs dumbbells in each hand.

Gregory, I haven't ever read that as a first symptom before. Don't believe everything you read... and your own ability and strength is great. I see no need for you to be concerned.

I read where a girl discovered she had leg onset of ALS when she couldnt lift herself from the ground with one leg. i tried doing that and fell down? i didnt think most people could do that.

i can do a large number of squats with both legs no problem. even with 20 lbs dumbbells in each hand.

I agree with abbas child. Your leg strength sounds fine to me as well.

Why are you so interested in ALS, Gregory? Out of all the dreadful diseases that you could be anxious about , why did you pick ALS?

WTF is your problem? Sorry to be so blunt , but man or should I say kid stop with this line of thinking,, when I fall on the floor it takes 2 people just to get me back in my chair let alone be able do squats. You dn't have ALS as you've been told, get out of here NOW!:evil:

Remember folks, we have to be nice no matter how frustrated you get.

AL.

I think you are talking about Jeniffer Estees, and not true. She had weakness, fasiculations, and could not do many other things, that was just the clincher when she could not get herself off the floor at the neuro office. Why would ALS even be on your radar.. This is just not even in the realm of reason.. Come on..

I do not have ALS and I can hardly lift myself with right leg. With the left one, I cannot do that now...and I was not able to do that 3 years before...I think the foot drop would come first.

Not being able to squat and get back up without hanging on and pulling yourself up with your arms.
Not being able to stand, close your eyes, without falling over.
Not being able to get up from a low chair that doesn't have arms.
Not being able to get up from a a low toilet.
Not being able to place one foot close in front of the other to walk, heel to toe, without falling over.
Not being able to even GET up on your toes, much less without even trying and falling over.
Not being able to stand on, or even GET onto your heels while standing.
Not being able to walk without putting down the fronts of your feet first.
Staggering on grass, gravel, and up or down hills.
Stairs are like Mt. Everest... going up or down.
No reflexes from the waist down.
These are the symptoms my husband had first.
These could mean you may have a motor neuron disease. That's where my husband started.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back