Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
alabama
City
arab
here are my questions and information about me

me: I weight 150 lbs and have for about 4 years. Im 18 and have anxiety.

1. I have twitchingin every limb and even in my face muslces when i smile. does als present it self in every limb like that.

2. when i move my lims very slow they kind of shake or act like they are gears. this is in every limb once again. is that a sign of als. if not what could it be.

3. even my breathing feels shaky but has for about 2 years about 1 1/2 years after i got the twitching all over my body. is that als. i dont have trouble breathing it just feels weird.

Well you said it in your first sentence you have anxiety. I am not a Dr. therefore my suggestion to you is that if you have legitimate concerns then you need to see a Dr. That being said it is highly improbable that you have ALS and what you have described does not at all sound like ALS. So put your mind at ease, do not try and diagnose yourself via google, deal with your anxiety and if you have other ocncerns, see a Doctor. Good luck!

hi greg . . . Sorry to hear of your problems . . First things first , the vast majority of people here are not medically trained and will not diagnose you so your question is this als will almost certainly not get an answer. You will however get genuine advice from people that are living with or experiencing the symptoms of als . . Looking at what you have told up then i would firstly say that that odds of you developing als at the age of 18 are huge . . Its almost unheard of . . Secondly twitching . . Well i would say that bodywide twitching without any noticable weakness anywhere is definatly pointing away from als . . At 18 your body is probably still changing and twitchin is more normal than you think . . . And your anxiety that you have admitted will only exentuate it . . Lastly your breathing symptoms ( this is an area that i can talk with some experience ) trust me breathing weakness is unmistakeable , it stops you sleeping and is highly uncomfortable.. Breathing that "feels funny " is more than likely anxiety related . . My other advice to you would be to steer clear of the internet and als sites cos you will drive yourself mad. . Go to a doctor and get a full work up if your fears and symptoms persist and once your mind is set at rest go enjoy your life . . . I hope this helps and i wish you good luck and god bless . . . Alex

here are my questions and information about me

me: I weight 150 lbs and have for about 4 years. Im 18 and have anxiety.

1. I have twitchingin every limb and even in my face muslces when i smile. does als present it self in every limb like that.

2. when i move my lims very slow they kind of shake or act like they are gears. this is in every limb once again. is that a sign of als. if not what could it be.

3. even my breathing feels shaky but has for about 2 years about 1 1/2 years after i got the twitching all over my body. is that als. i dont have trouble breathing it just feels weird.

Back again, gregoryy2k? What's changed for you since the last time you were here? Have you been to a doctor yet and discussed your problems with him?

To answer your questions:

1) No, ALS does not present like that. Other conditions can present like that, but you'll need to see a physician to see if you have one of those conditions.

2) What you describe here sounds nothing like ALS. No idea what it might be, if anything. See a doctor for further answers.

3) Doesn't sound like ALS. If it concerns you, you should see a doctor and let him/her figure out what it is and what you should do about it.

Back again, gregoryy2k? What's changed for you since the last time you were here? Have you been to a doctor yet and discussed your problems with him?

To answer your questions:

1) No, ALS does not present like that. Other conditions can present like that, but you'll need to see a physician to see if you have one of those conditions.

2) What you describe here sounds nothing like ALS. No idea what it might be, if anything. See a doctor for further answers.

3) Doesn't sound like ALS. If it concerns you, you should see a doctor and let him/her figure out what it is and what you should do about it.

I have seen 2 doctors but they both said i didnt have anything wrong with me. I know i have a neurological disorder of some sort but if its not killing me then ill ignore it. i still function as did since i can ever remember its just small subtle movements that cause a tremor and muscle twitching everywhere that ive had since the 10th grade. im not in my freshman year of college.

no weakness that i recognize. i can still do 20 pushups (which has always been my limit) extremely fast and i can do sqauts with dumbbells and hop around on one foot. i can also still do about 60 sit ups in a row.

i have noticed recently that when i swallow it feels like when i reach the peak of swallowing there is a gap when releasing the muscle. it makes a noise like im gulping but it doesnt effect my eating or anything like that.

I have seen 2 doctors but they both said i didnt have anything wrong with me. I know i have a neurological disorder of some sort but if its not killing me then ill ignore it. i still function as did since i can ever remember its just small subtle movements that cause a tremor and muscle twitching everywhere that ive had since the 10th grade. im not in my freshman year of college.

no weakness that i recognize. i can still do 20 pushups (which has always been my limit) extremely fast and i can do sqauts with dumbbells and hop around on one foot. i can also still do about 60 sit ups in a row.

i have noticed recently that when i swallow it feels like when i reach the peak of swallowing there is a gap when releasing the muscle. it makes a noise like im gulping but it doesnt effect my eating or anything like that.

i meant to say that i was in my freshman year of college sorry.

So, you've seen 2 doctors that tell you nothing is wrong. One could be an idiot but the chances of both being idiots are about the same odds of you having a neurological disease. Looking for a diagnosed or validation here is unhealthy. Deal with your anxiety and I'll bet your symptoms disappear.

AL.

Some people may not like what im going to say to you, Gregory, but thats too bad as i am a little, no a lot confused by all of this.
Why are you posting this stuff? Like Al said, you have been to 2 drs who have said youre ok. But you KNOW you have a neurological disorder? How? You know more than your drs? If you had ALS, you couldnt do one pushup, let alone 20. It wouldnt be hard, you couldnt do it.
Heck, I have more symptoms of ALS than you do, but you dont see me here, begging these guys to diagnose me. I wont be rude and waste their time. If i had concerns, i would go to the dr. if i didnt like him, id go somewhere else. and keep going somewhere else.

The point is, youve been cleared. you can still do stuff. STOP OBSESSING. YOU ARE MAKING IT WORSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back