Trevor

Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Cambridge
Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted for quite awhile. I wish I could say things have been going great but they haven't. In August 2010 I had an emg which was my 5th one and I was having problems with my knees, my fingers were hurting and if I sat down I would fall asleep regardless of any noises. My left forearm had a groove out of it and my arms were skinny and on both sides of my knees had grooves. Had my emg and the neuro said he didn't see anything and tested me and said everything looked fine.

Since then the last couple of months the muscles around my eyes felt heavy as they do now. I put vaseline on the corners but that doesn't help that much. My arms and legs feel week but I can lift things and walk in a straight line. On top of my eyes my cheeks hurt plus my jaw and in the last couple of days I'm getting shortness of breath. I have sunken in cheeks(plus they have burning feeling) which are noticable and I just tired. I don't want to go out as I'm tired and sore. I do were glasses for distances but now I pretty well wear them all the time to relax my eyes.

I know I lost muscle on my face as I can stretch the skin around my neck as it is very loose as well as around my eyes and cheeks.

I went to my GP last Friday and he checked my reflexes(legs) and said looks good. He sent me for blood work to look for whatever but I know that will come back fine. He believes since I was on cortisone for awile back in 2008/09 that is the reason for loosen skin.

everyone will say I'm have an aniexty fit but that is not true. What is happening is real and it is scary especially the shortness of breath. As I sit here and write this my cheeks and eyes hurt. when I fall asleep which is a lot I wake up pretty well my whole body hurting especially my hands.

As I've had many emg's no one knows what is going on so they have written me off. Each day I feel worse. I still get muscle twitches on my left arm and back but not that much. I just trying to deal with my eyes and shortness of breath.

I guess I'm lost on what to do and who to turn to.

This site has been informative in the past and I coming back with any feedback you might have to give.

Thanks
Trevor

What did your GP say about your shortness of breath when you saw him last Friday? Have you been to an eye doctor about your eyes?

My doctor didn't say much. Just sent me for blood work. I'm going to see another doc about it . I did go see a eye doctor to have my eyes checked and they said they were fine. they just somehow got me to buy a new pair which my son and wife said I look like clark Kent

Hi Trevor. Sorry you're still having issues and are not finding out why. Some of your symptoms are no where near ALS symptoms. Any chance you can get a referral to a rheumatologist?

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back