Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
alabama
City
arab
IM 18 first off. Ive been having twitches for about 3 years now and they were located all over the body. Ive noticed that my muscles are shrinking in the past 7 months. my hands and feet also feel like they are gears when i move them up down (imagine two gears moving together) i dont have any muscle weakness

1 i can do like 30 sqauts
2 i can still do 20 push ups
3 i can still run up and down stairs
4 balance is good
5 i can still play instruments

the reason im asking what is wrong with me is because my symptoms seem to be in the wrong order

no muscle weakness but i have mucle atrohpy (still weigh 150 which ive kept for years) but i have twitching and a litte shakyjness with vvveeerrry fine motor movements.

do i have als?

what could cause muscle twitching and shaky hands and feet. i need help i know something is wrong with me.

what could cause muscle twitching and shaky hands and feet. i need help i know something is wrong with me.

Too much caffeine and carbohydrates. Cut back on the coffee/energy drinks/soft drinks and the junk food and concentrate on healthy diet and sleep habits for six months or so.

If you have real health problems, then go to a doctor and do what they tell you to do. The only ALS you have is A Lotta Silliness, so work on the growing up and maturity, too.

Last edited:
Too much caffeine and carbohydrates. Cut back on the coffee/energy drinks/soft drinks and the junk food and concentrate on healthy diet and sleep habits for six months or so.

but this has been going on for years like 3 and it seems to be getting worse. ive ignored it to long.

My prescription is get a girlfriend and forget about ALS!

My prescription is get a girlfriend and forget about ALS!

well trouble with very fine moter movements seems to be a problem an twiching everywhere scares me. i really think i have something wrong with me even though i know im really young.

could someone tell me how als usually progresses and things that are usually affected when it first starts out ex. like things you cant do anymore

could someone tell me how als usually progresses and things that are usually affected when it first starts out ex. like things you cant do anymore

If you don't know how ALS starts or how it progresses, why do you think you have it?

If you don't know how ALS starts or how it progresses, why do you think you have it?

gaaa if someone could just tell me i would be chill with all this...i dont even want to go back to college anymore im so depressed. i just sit in my room all day and then go to sleep.

gaaa if someone could just tell me i would be chill with all this...i dont even want to go back to college anymore im so depressed. i just sit in my room all day and then go to sleep.

Tell you what? You've been told several times that you don't have the symptoms of ALS. You've been told that you should take your health issues and concerns to a doctor to get answers -- a recommendation I even more strongly reiterate if you are as depressed as you claim.

What do you want us to tell you? And why should we tell you that?

hi . . Will keep this short and sweet . . . The fact that you have felt like this and can still do the things you listed pretty much rules out als . . . Oh and your age would suggest otherwise . . . Oh and the fact that its not als . . . All joking aside i think the reason people were reluctant to tell you how it starts is cos it will feed your already bad anxiety . . Mate do yourself a favour . . Switch off the computor . . Go and enjoy your youth . You will never get the wonderful teen years back . . So dont waste them worrying about something like this . . Good luck and god bless . . Alex

Must be the season..................................Do people want this disease so bad they won't listen? I'll trade ya.

Gregory,

Please read the articles Joel has suggested. You need to have a full physical examination by your GP. Tell him or her about your depression which in itself can be a killer. Don't let yourself suffer needlessly. Your symptoms do not indicate ALS.

Best wishes,

ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back