Diagnosis
03/2011
Country
ca
State
ontario
City
richmond hill
From what i have read i have the classic symptoms weakness and muscle waisting spreading from right arm to the left. Had emg tests and then referred to ALS clinic.
I am expecting the next symptom will be a foot or leg.What i am expierencincing now is weakness in both knees and ankles with sore feet.I feel something else is going on.
I am waiting for blood and urine tests and these results i think may show some explanation.
These results along with first ALS clinic appointment may be a month or so away.
Question:Is it abnormal for the weakness not to start in just one leg or foot.
Also i had a MRI of the neck but not the head.Should a MRI of the head be done before a final DX.

I would like to add to the above.My muscle waisting is on the inside of my arms yet the outside muscles are enlarged or swollen.

Yes, you definitely should have an mri of the head. It is necessary to help discover MS, and rule out a tumor, etc.

I don't feel qualified to answer your other questions, good luck to you, I hope its something other than ALS!

An Mri of your head as well as MRA of your head to rule out a stroke or other issues with with the arteries in your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back