Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
az
City
phoenix
Let me preface this by saying i watched an uncle die of ALS and i know im a hypocondriac. Im a 32 year old male who has had a leg twitch for the last week, right outside the knee. I comes and goes, mostly while im on my back. I have also recentaly got bloodwork with a high ck and high adoloease level. Ive been feeling weak all over for years and its just gotten so much worse now. I suffer from degenerative disk disease also and high anxiety. Ive done all the hypocondriac things like stand on one foot for a minute, do squats, pushups, carry my wife around, among other crazy things. I have three kids and i think im gonna end up doing something stupid because the pressure is killing me. Sorry im not sure if im asking or what im doing here in this post, please forgive me if i have intrupted

First thing Brad is to get the anxiety under control. See your GP ASAP. ALS doesn't start like you're describing. I'm not a Dr. but I don't think you have ALS. See your GP.

AL.

All I have to say if this is the end of your rope then you have a pretty short rope!

Merry Christmas and have a nice life!

Not sure what you are asking here. Your symptoms don't sound like ALS. Unless there are other members of your family that also have had ALS in addition to your uncle, it is very unlikely that your uncle had the inherited form of ALS. Finally, there are other causes for elevated CK and aldolase that have absolutely nothing to do with ALS. You are far more likely to have one of those conditions.

Let your doctor do his job and figure out what is really wrong with you, instead of you inventing diagnoses of your own by searching the misinformation on the Internet. Random twitching is not a symptom of ALS, and, if you can carry your wife around, you don't have weakness, so unplug yourself from the Internet and let your doctor do his work. Good luck.

You have gotten sound advice. You also have acknowledged that you have anxiety and are a hypocondriac. That means you are at least aware that you need help. I would definitely see a Dr and talk to them about your anxiety and hypochondria. While I am not a Dr it does not appear you have ALS. Get the help you need and enjoy your wife and family!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back