Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
tx
City
San Antonio
I'm 36 and have had back pain for 6-7months and started having perceived weakness in my right leg and arm for about 2 months. I am not weaker right now. I went to the gym and tested my arms and legs and was actually still stronger on my right side. I struggle with severe anxiety and started getting muscle twitches all over my body and muscle tightness all over, literally. my emg was negative for my right leg and arm. I'm still concerned because of some of the posts I have read. should I be? I also apologize if I'm offending anyone that has been diagnosed and has legitimate diagnosed problems, I'm just looking for some peace and answers. any feedback would be very appreciated.

Sorry for posting in the wrong area, I'm scared and not totally with it.

heaps of people get scared. You have absolutely NO symptoms of ALS so take a deep breath and relax, before it stresses you even more. It could well be a back issue causing you problems. Hopefully they have investigated the cause of your back pain. An EMG can look for damage to nerves caused by back problems. Luckily your back issues are not causing nerve damage. Constant pain can wear us down and stress us out, so you need to get the pain sorted. Its good you do not have to worry about ALS.

Have a lovely christmas.

Thanks for the reply. Believe it or not the twitches started after a day or so of reading about als.

Your symptoms sound like my wife's when she had a ruptured disc. Nothing like ALS. Don't worry, back pain won't kill you.

AL.

trust me if you keep reading and researching ALS you will find that you will contract all of the symptoms just ask any of the other worry warts. Please do not get wrapped up with ALS. Awareness is great just dont become obsessive. Just some sound advice. People come on here just like you, believe me your exact post happens all the time, and none have ALS, we tell them to quit Dr. Giggles and they never listen and end up in a dark place losing their minds...please know that you do not have ALS and accept it. :)

Enjoy your holidays outside anxiety my friend

Kel Bel

No weakness -- no ALS.

Clean EMG in "affected" limbs -- no ALS.

Being anxious and scared is normal. Jumping to the worst possible conclusion when there are literally dozens of less threatening alternatives -- that's the problem you need to work on. Life as an extreme pessimist sucks.

get your anxiety taken care of. anxiety alone can cause what you are experiencing.

I hope you are doing well. You said yourself it is "perceived" weakness and your right side was actually stronger at the gym. I would agree that it is most likely from anxiety especially if you have had a clean emg and no weakness. Do not allow your fears and anxiety to get the best of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back