Learn about ALS
Country
BE
State
Antwerp
City
Antwerp
Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to say I admire people who have ALS because alot of them accept it and try to make the best of it.Good luck to everyone

It all started a week ago. I was sitting at home checking out the internet then all of a sudden my right arm felt a little numb. It wasn't anything major but it was noticable. Soon after that my right hand started feeling weak. This already alarmed me because that isn't normal. The next day the numb feeling dissapeared but I still have the weak feeling.The day after I started having trouble breathing(Like I couldn't get enough oxygen in my lungs). At the same time I started having a little trouble swallowing. Nothing too serious it just felt a little harder to swallow(the swallowing problems are gone too. Pretty weird). I also have alot more muscle twitching then I used to. In most cases its random muscles that start to twitch. Most of my muscles in the body also "feel" weak.

Thanks for reading :)

If anyone has a sudden onset of weakness like you did, you need to go and see your normal physician ASAP. Symptoms that quickly come on and then go, can be caused by a TIA or Transient Iscaemic attack. These are commonly caused by High BP causing what you could call Mini strokes. You need to be investigated urgently to have this ruled out.

TIA's will often come on suddenly and just as suddenly resolve. An absolute MUST to get seen and reviewed.

Will not be ALS

Aly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back