Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Nh
City
Londonderry
I know that everyone here must get sick of answering questions such as mine, I would appreciate any feedback. I'm a 34 year old male and starting to worry that I am showing signs of possibly ALS or MS not sure. I had a MRI done back in march and was told everything was good. They did this because of my migraines and wanted to make sure everything was ok. I have been having the following symptoms and I think I'm just freaking myself out!

Tingling electric feeling on left side of neck into head to of head also having the same feeling in left arm and leg.

Muscle twitches all over my body all day long. One twitch here, one there. Mainly on the back of my thighs. They sometimes vibrate like a cell phone going off..

I wake up with burning in my arms and legs. Just recently having burning in my feet mainly the left one.

I noticed that my left hand and wrist starting hurting but only one I apply pressure or squeeze it.

I feel like sometimes my feet stomp when walking but not on purpose. Kind of heavy feeling.

Pain in my buttocks that run down both legs in the back and been having muscle cramps as well.

Finally, I have had a numb feeling on my left shin about 3 inches by 2 inches in the front outer left. I should also that most of this is happening on just my left side.

I know that most of you are sick of people asking but a little help would be great, I have been getting more and more afraid of the outcome and I am worried for myself and my kids. I have had anxiety attacks and stress most of my life and never had these symptoms, however I would love it to be just that.

Thank You so much.

No ALS, Valley. Read the "sticky" at the top of the threads on the "Do I have ALS" section. It's a locked thread and helpful answer to many questions about ruling out ALS. But, no, you can please not worry one more moment about ALS. I know nothing about MS and can't comment on that. There are some terrific people who do know about MS, however. Give them time. We're all over the world. Wishing you peace.

OK, I came back after reading a couple of the "sticky" threads. I want you to know that the electric tingling, the pain when you squeeze your hand are not in any way indicative of ALS. The fact you have pain or numbness is not a sign of ALS.

Twitching is not abnormal, and not even looked at by a Neuro when he/she is checking you out. It does often occur, however, due to stress. Your migraines have been awful (had them, yuck), but they do not indicate or predispose you for ALS. I think you should see a Neuro again and get these things looked at for the purpose of ruling out any serious problems. I honestly expect you'll find that this is due to stress. Worry and stress are terrible, and cause our bodies to do very strange things.

It's my hope you will determine to first, read the sticky posts, then try and stay off the internet medical places. They truly won't help you, and the added stress can wreak havoc.

Peace,
Ann

Last edited:
Thank You for your response. I will check out the sticky post and I have a appointment set up with my doctor. I appreciate you being understanding and I think I will take your advice and stay off website such as these as they so cause stress that is not needed and probably not necessary.

Thank You again

We sincerely wish you the best. I think it's good you have an appointment and pray it leads to answers.
Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back