Loved one DX
Country
US
State
mt
City
choteau
May i ask a few questions?
i have onsided issues (all left side) - i recently was diagnosed by a bone and joint dr as having brachial plexus- via a referral from my chiropractor (thank God for him) and the pain in my leg (hip-rear-calf-footpad and arch) he said was just a muscle issue-? however i forgot to ask him to look at my foot (i cant believe that one) however i am not so stable on my foot and leg-as i still have left side issues and i seem to be gettin worse- foot pad or arch atrophy as an example-could be plantar fasciitis(but idont know what that feels like or is supposed to look like)-as my GP said but he has never given me a definite nor what i should do if it is- we kinda live in the sticks and our DRs are(well lets say maybe challanged)
So my questions: if you would please-and if not please forgive my questions

#1 can an EMG detect the renervation and innervation and fibs and whatever else-that makes it a dirty EMG- early on in this disease

1A if so how early? days weeks months years?

#2 does the EMG need to be in the exact location of innervation and denervation or does it just have to be close to one of the muscles that is dying-(so if the test is done in an ajoining muscle will it detect it) one or the other or all -at least be dirty in some way?

#3 In ALS as an athlete-do we feel symptoms not usually associated with ALS? like pain?
Burning? twitches? perceived weakness?

3A or are the above symptoms actually ALS symptoms?

#4 if you have the above symtoms-how long would it take to show full blown issues with the muscles physicly? or with an EMG

#5 does atrophy happen before symptoms or does it happen after you are diagnosed via EMG?

#6 given in a percentage what is the first symptom? then what is the second? or is it a combination of symptoms?-EG numbness? lack of strength in one limb? atrophy noticed?

#7 once you noticed your first symptom how long till you were obviously headed twords an ALS diagnosis?

I ask all these questions for myself and my healing process as i dont think i have ever dealt with my father and his ALS- i have continued to think i have ALS issues since 2006 when my whole left side went to hell in a handbasket and really has not recovered-(pain ulnar and medial nerve pain with numbness and burning and percieved weakness-original symptoms) so i do not mean to discount your disease in any way- as i have been close to it- i just ask if you would give some of your objective opinions and actual experiences if that is ok- and if not please forgive the questions -thank you (sorry for the name i cant seem to figure out how to change it) also a place to edit a post or delete a post by the poster would be a nice feature-again maybe i just dont know how thank you

I believe I have answered most of those questions, multiple times for you. Did you lose the information?

yah right Wright
thanks for being you as it sure shows through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back