Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
nl
City
st. johnès
I had a very stressful week the end of september thinking i may be a diabeticdue to a home monitor test i did. then monday and tuesday headaches by friday i was getting a little single prick periodically in my fingers. went to emerg cause a co worker said it may be my heart. i went and the doctor said it was ok. it could go a couple days in oct and nothing then the little pricks again. then i looked into considering i know someone with the disesse. i am stressing bigtime about this or ms. over the last couple weeks i still get the periodic pricks sometimes anywhere on the body. my 2 hands seem numb and painy at times. lifting is not an issue. i get a few muscle aches over the whole body but then everything seems fine again, Can someone please tell me what they think. my legs are fine no trouble walking. my doctor thinks its minor thyroid or b12, i;m thinking maybre anxiety and hopefully not ms or als. please give me some feedback thanks.

Your concern about perhaps having a neuropathy due to diabetes was something worth following up on since your blood sugar tested high with a home monitor. If you haven't brought this up with your family doctor or the emergency physician that you saw, then getting a fasting blood sugar sounds like a good plan. Also tingling can occur with high anxiety. Nothing you say sounds like ALS symptoms. Relax and keep an eye on your blood sugar.
Laurel

No, no, no, please dont hang out here, there are lots of other sites for anxiety and tingling issues. This is not one of them. I am no expert, but I can spot an anxiety issue a mile away and I can assure you from personal experience, that hanging here will only make that issue much worse. Trust me.

Your symptoms are not from ALS. Go see your doctor.

thanks for the info. i did do several checks on my diabetes with one being 8.6 on the 2 hour toloreance test. the average or good being 7.9 or less. all the rest were fine. i couldnt sleep last night i had to take an ativan. my hands seem this morning a little numb and elbow and shoulder muscles a little tense but not to bad. i had a cramp in my left leg last night but thats something i get from time to time. maybe its not als as i hope. it could be anxiety cause im a very stressful person. so you guys dont think its als. what would be the initial symptoms and i guess it can progress at different speeds for anybody. so i knowe you guys cant diagnose me but you think its not als.

Kelly's most famous words to me "" U DONT HAVE IT "". Worked wonders for me, LOL

I have one more question. I have a little weakness in my lefthand but its been there for yerars from excessive typing. it flares up from time to time like a heavy num feeling.i can feel numbness there and sometimes when im like putting money in a drink machine its a little clumsy like. also i get pain in both big toes but after a couple days they are ok again. my balance seems ok for 300 pounds. i have a little ichting too. maybe i have myself stressed to the max. i thank each and everyone of you for your feedback thank uy from the bottom of my heart. so you guys think i should forget it and move on and deal with the anxiety or should i get it checked out. i have an appointment to see neuroloigist but when not sure. also on my second finge r next to pinkie is painy right on the turning point is that a concern. thanks

symptoms of ALS do not come and go.

Pain in a pinkey is not ALS. You do not have it.

AL.

Tingling of the pinkie finger is often caused from the ulnar nerve being pinched normally due to leaning on elbows too much... I get that too.. If you avoid leaning on elbows and keep your arms straight at night it will go away..

In the last couple days i have muscle tension in my arms and shouders, i have muscle tightness in the front of my legs and myleft hand feels numb, the right a little numb. Can all these symtoms hit like within a month or so. Those this sound like als or something else. I cant see how i can get this from anxiety or stress?

Something else!

Symptoms of ALS do not all strike within a month. I second the something else.
Stress and anxiety can do all sorts of things to your physical self.
Do a search on it. In fact, stress and anxiety can make almost any condition worse...

My stress and anxiety gives me breathing issues. And tightness in my chest. and a funny heart beat sometimes. And when it gets really out of control, i get tingly all over- but thats prolly from hyperventilating while having an anxiety attack. So you see, stress and anxiety can do lots of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back