Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Ct
City
East hartford
I have a question about the onset of slurring. Is it possible to slur a word or two in a sentence and be able to correct your self and the words then come out fine, or is the slurring something that starts with certain sounds and then progresses, and really isn't something that you notice and are able to correct.
I've been twitching all over after a few months of severe stress. My tounge hasn't been twitching. I saw my neurologist last week and he did a clinical exam and said I 100% don't have ALS and he didn't feel the need to do an
Emg. I seem to be really focused on my speech now- like it's hard to make my mouth move the right way. I'm occasionally slurring a word or two but I can correct myself after. I also feel like it's hard to swallow sometimes. I haven't choked at all and I'm thinking this feeling is due to focusing so much on the way everything feels. I'm 33 and have just been a mess lately with health related anxiety. Any help or advice would be really appreciated:)

Surely would not worry about ALS. I really think you need to not worry about having ALS. You would not have a clean clinical and such, we are not doctor's and have not seen you, but have seen too many people like you, worry needlessly. Again just my opinion, not a medical one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back