Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Houston
Hi, I'm nikhil. I'm 18 years old and about to turn 19 in november. For the past few weeks i've been stressing about my health. It all started with a migraine a few weeks ago and shortly after that i thought i had brain tumor. And then a few weeks after that i felt a tinglyness feeling in my hands and feet...and felt like i had MS. But then got an MRI done of my brain and it showed nothing abnormal as did my blood report. Now i feel like i might have ALS. I have twitches throughout my body (legs, fingers, arms, one or two in the face). When ever i try to put stress on my legs or arms they begin to shake. I can do daily activities w/o feeling tired but feel like if i want to play any sports ill get tired very easily. Besides this when i try to sleep at night i can sleep alright but once in a while occasionally ill get up because i "forget" to swallow. But when im eating a meal i can swallow the food alright it just feels like the food is slowing down in my chest/neck area. I havent had any slurred speech yet but feel like my jaw is getting slightly tighter. I have also had a slight weakness in my right leg with a discomfort around my ankle area. I just tried to do a reflex test on my knees and noticed that my left leg is alright but my right leg has a much stronger jerk. (My right leg is naturally weaker because i had a surgery on it when i was younger and had a muscle removed) PLS HELP?!? THANK YOU

Your profile states you have been diagnosed with ALS? I don't think that is possible as your symptoms are not those of ALS. Start looking for another reason for your problems. Good Luck!

Find another disease to stress about, as you do not have ANY ALS symptoms. Or better yet, go out and enjoy yourself.

So you thought brain tumor, then MS, now ALS, all in a few weeks. Throw the computer in the garbage get a good book and read it. You'll feel better and maybe a bit smarter. You don't have a MND.

AL.

What did your doctor tell you ?
Aly

thank you guys for ur grateful responses.
Today i actually went to the neurologist here in houston. The dr. graduated from columbia univeristy (IVY LEAGUE) in 1978 so it seems like he knows what he is talking about. He did a physical examination and noticed everything normal except for my right leg where he noticed something abnormal. And if you have read my previous post, it was this right leg which was causing pain earlier on (which now doesnt exist) but it does still feel as if the leg is not 100% while i walk or run. Plus there is some discomfort in the ankle. So he ordered an EMG test for my legs. And once i did the EMG test...the test came out "normal" the dr. said "there is a healthy supply of nerve signals". So do you think i should forget about ALS being the cause for these twitches/minor tremors/weakness? Thank you in advance

Yes, you have a healthy supply of nerve signals. A normal EMG equals no ALS. Congratulations!

The doctor thinks you're fine. Believe him. Twitches can be from anything. You don't have ALS. If you still feel weak in the leg in a couple weeks, go see your GP.

AL.

Nikhil, I'm no expert on ALS, but I am on health anxiety and BFS, which is what I think you have. Instead of hanging around here alot, it would be wise for you to find a BFS forum and I think you would find after reading only a few post from others there, that your story, and symptoms, sound very much the same. You are welome to message me if you need more information, I dont think I'm allowed to post the name of the BFS site. But please rest assure that others share your symptoms, its just not the good folks here.

Take Care

Robynn:-D

Hi guys thanks for ur responses
But right now while i lay down i can feel my 4th toe twitch on my right foot, where i also feel discomfort in my ankle after walking around campus? I havent felt this ever before...
but i just had an EMG test done yesterday...maybe i wouldnt have had a clean EMG test if this twitching in my right foot had happened yesterday...im really scared right now...

correction: twitching in my 4th toe of my right foot******

i'm sorry for your anxiety. you may want to consider the possibility of mild poisoning/toxosis affecting your muscular/nervous system. hope you havent been taking anything on campus you shouldnt have?

i forgot to mention that the neurologist said i had ankle clonus and then ordered the EMG but it came out clean. So i guess the ankle discomfort is from that...but when i walk i feel like the bottom of my feet arent even like the right one is sightly off balance i dont trip or anything but i can feel it slightly...and i do have a slight dent in my right foot as well...AND now this twitching in one of the toes in my right foot is killing me i thought i was over this...guess not? Do i actually have ALS now? I just had a clean EMG yesterday?

here we go again. NO U DO NOT HAVE ALS. PLEASE LISTEN THIS TIME

im really sorry if im becoming annoying...im just really scared and just wished all these symptoms or whatever they are would disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back