Country
IL
State
TA
City
TA
Hi
I 'm a 27 y/o female.
About two weeks ago I started having muscle twitches.First in one calf, and after a few days all over (legs, eyelids,buttock, palm(near the thumb)). They are usually very quick and invisible - disappear in a sec. or two.
Just to appear in some other place after a while. Naturally, I am scared so I starting performing all those strength tests I found on the web. All seems to be OK, except I'm really scared and depressed now.
Today I woke up with a cramp in my right calf.
I' m very sad and worried. Is it ALS? Is it progressing so quickly?
Scared to go to a doctor...
:(
Help!

If you are not experiencing strength issues then you have nothing to fear. Just because you are having twitches that means absolutely nothing at all! I am not a Dr and can not tell you what you have or don't have but based on what you described I would bet a lot of money saying you absolutely do not have ALS. If you are having health issues see a Dr but do not allow your mind to act irrationally. Do not be depressed, smile and have a great weekend because it sounds like you are very healthy!

It is not typical of ALS to have body twitching all over as a first symptom. Usually it affects one limb or area first, followed by clinical weakness. You do not sound like you have anything to worry about. If you are truly concerned go see a doctor who can test you.

Hi,

Thanks for your answers. A rational part of me understands ALS is unlikely, but I am a bit of a hypochondriac sometimes.

All this stuff is just very sudden for me.

When it just started, I still wasn't worried,but then I googled it out and all those ALS articles came out...I have been occupied with ALS since.
I just worried that the weakness will soon follow, and the twitches is just the start .

Lavender Lady, I do have titches all around,but the cramps I have had only in one calf( so far). Does it matter?

Thanks again

Yoyo, Its not ALS hun. Its not. There are so many reasons you could be twitching. Please dont get caught up in the strength testing. It will only cause you more anxiety. I did this so much in the beginning, and all it did was fuel my anxious thoughts because it caused my muscles to become fatigued and painful, and then that just translated into another symptom or symptoms to add to the twitches. All in all, it will, cause you to twitch more, which will just cause you more unnecessary anxiety. Its a horrible vicious cycle to get caught up in. Your onset sounds very much like BFS. You might want to check into that if you are going to google. I think you would find this to be closer to your story, most likely.

Take Care

Robynn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back