Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
Ky
City
ky
I have been watching my fathers decline the past several months, and I keep reading/ hearing about a foot drop. I need a better explanation of what that is exactly. We are headed to the doctor on Thursday and hopefully moving forward with the final testing phase! My father currently has atrophy in both arms( it all started in march with a frozen shoulder)and in June dad saw his doc and they said it was either a virus in the shoulder or Lou gherrigs disease. So after many shots of cortisone, MRI of the sholder, an NCV test, and now atrophy, he can no longer use his hands, is too weak to walk very far, his hands and jaw are now shaking and he has fallen twice and hit his head. He cannot catch himself and on this last fall he hit the corner of the wall so hard it knocked him out. I am in full belief that this is ALS. So the foot drop is another thing I will look for if I know what to look for! Thanks so much for the input!

Hi Karigay. Sorry about your dad. Hope we can help. If you look at the bottom of the page there are 5 threads dealing with it. Click on them to see what's there.

AL.

Thanks Al, I didn't even realize those links were there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back