Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
new england
City
new england
I am seeing the new neuro on this Friday. I am so nervous about the visit as I feel much worse than I did in the spring. I have widespread pain in my body. The cramps on the arches of my feet are too painful. The fasciculation's have spread and are now in my torso as well. I also, started having a strange feeling in my hands that wakes me. My pinkies and ring finger go numb. Sometimes it is one hand others both. I am quickly able to get feeling back in them by moving them. I spoke to my general doctor and he has given me something called Flexeril. Has anyone else used this medication? I have been using advil and it does not help at all. :confused:

Hi,

Flexeril is a muscle relaxant, and should help you with your cramps. Doing that will help ease the pain, too. I hope you can hold out until you see your neuro and get some answers. The waiting is really hard, I know!

Flexeril is great for muscle spasms along with a heating pad.. Actually a heating pad is the best.. I take Excederin back and body ache everyday along with klonopin. I was out of both for a week and my whole body hurts like heck, the only time i take flexeril is when i have a spasm that sticks. Last one was in my neck and it was bent to the side and i could not move it at all, very painful.. The doc i saw was a local who did not know my story and thought i had dystonia and was talking about botox shots! I was like no thats okay. I did not want to go into the my whole story, i really wish my neuro was nearby.. He is almost four hours away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back