Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
florida
City
jacksonville
Hello im 23 years old 6' 135 pounds very lanky thin guy. About 5 months ago I had the flu and started having twitching all over my entire body. I did have a flu test and it was positive. Since then I have continued to have the twitching all over my body (legs, feet, back, arms, everywhere) , a couple times I have noticed my index finger twitch from side to side, possibly my thumb too but i honestly cannot remember, to the best of my knowledge the twitching started out all over my body not in one particular spot, I could be wrong but this is what I remember. Because of the twitching I decided to go to my primary care doc about 2 months ago who said It was just nerves etc.. Well i continue to have the twitching . Another symptom of mine is sometimes when I get up out of bed my legs feel soo stiff, this has only happened a couple times but it has caused me to walk funny because my friend also noticed at the mall. It literally felt like my legs were made of cement. With the twitching I sometimes get sharp pains or pains like something is being torn inside... On top of all this I went to an orthopedic doc for an aching lump on my left leg lower calf right next to the tibia and he said it was a hernia. When I flex my calf the lump bulges out pretty bad. I am scheduling an mri for that monday. On my right calf which I still need to bring up at my next orthopedic appointment there is a dent. The dent looks like someone took their thumb and pressed really hard and it left a dent, right below this dent there is a lump that looks very similar to this pic:

thmb_4acef3375f3b29.jpg

It does sometimes cause aching pain when doing activities. According to the website the above pic is a fascial hernia. Is it possible to have a hernia on both calves?

Also along with the all over the body twitching In my legs I get a bubbling/crawling like sensation mostly in my calfs/legs sometimes in my feet.I get this alot..... I do occasionally get painful cramps in my feet as well.

I do feel like I have weakness in my thighs/hamstrings when I first start an athletic activity I get a real bad burning sensation in my thighs/hamstrings they also feel very tight but this usually goes away after getting warmed up.

Also I do have very brisk knee reflex. My leg kicks out pretty hard. I also get a burning sensation in my eyes sometimes which causes them to water. I have had this happen quite a few times.

Being very worried I looked up als strength tests which I pass....I can curl 25 pounds in both hands 10+ times/ do 10+ pushups, jump on my tip toes, stand on one foot on my tip toes for 10 seconds etc.. Run up and down stairs, Play basketball for quite awhile.. If the twitching was from als would I be able to do all these activities?

If not als then what could cause the twitching all over, bubbling sensations in my calfs/legs, feet cramps, etc? Thnak you for reading this and God bless.

I noticed under my username it says I have been diagnosed with als. I have not and do not know how to get that off. I apologize for this.

Go to user CP at top of page click it then edit details to change profile.

AL

I forgot to mention that along with the tearing like sensation I also get a sensation like someone is stabbing me with a needle, this is usually in my hamstring/thigh. I also feel I need to mention I work from home and because I work from home I have the luxury of working from my bed. I spend an awfully lot of time (at least 4+ hours every day)on my laptop working from my bed with my legs sometimes crossed/ sometimes just straight out, I feel I should mention this because maybe it has something to do with the weird sensations I get in my legs. Also because I work from my bed I have horrible posture i usually set up 2 pillows for my back against the wall and kinda lay at an awkward slanted angle. Could this possibly cause something negitive with my spine causing all the twithcing throughout my body? Im just throwing out ideas because im worried about als and want to rule it out. Sorry if im being a pest. God Bless.

Also forgot to mention I feel fatigued most of the time, like very tired feeling even if I get 8 hours of sleep I still feel tired.

Lastly I forgot to mention I prolly produce more saliva than most, I have caught my self drooling several times since the twitching all over started. I do still have my wisdom teeth in and am getting them out soon but I dunno if wisdom teeth can cause drooling etc.
Sorry for having to keep reposting I just want to list all my symptoms so you all can give your best opinion. Thanks

I really wish there was an edit button so i could stop making so many posts but another thing that had caught my attention was the high pitched noise in my ear i experience every so often. It has happened around 4 times since the twitching started and only lasts a second to a couple seconds but i also noticed my ears popped as well...

You DON'T have ALS. Get your butt out of bed, get some mild excercise, see an ENT and I'll bet he'll find your problem. A dentist might not hurt either.

AL.

You DON'T have ALS. Get your butt out of bed, get some mild excercise, see an ENT and I'll bet he'll find your problem. A dentist might not hurt either.

AL.

I second that motion! (all of it!)

.... AND also.... check out post viral response, if you absolutely find you need to goobgle symptoms. If that is what the twitches are due to (post flu) then you could be looking at many months to see improvement.

Thanks for the responses I really do appreciate it. To the best of my knowledge the twitching started when i had the flu but it is possible that it could have started before. Either way I guess im worrying to much about the twitching/bubbling going on in my legs and arms. I recently started working out to see if I could detect any muscle growth because i read that if you have als you would not be able to gain muscle mass where the twitching is and I have noticed my arms are getting bigger so I guess thats a good sign. Either way I really do appreciate the responses. God bless you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back