Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
US
State
LA
City
Broussard
Didn't see an area for newbies so thought I'd jump right in. I'm KC and haven't been 100% diagnosed yet, but the neurology residents are in disagreement over it so they have referred me to the ALS clinic for more in depth testing. Preliminary diagnosis was polymyosistis but they've ruled that out now. They agree the the EMG shows ALS, but the neck MRI along with no respitory or swallowing problems seems to maybe point to something else. I was having the muscles twitches almost constantly for a few weeks, but they are much less frequent and milder now. Only thing I'm taking right now is Vitamin E, but I have been seeing a medical massage therapists and feel some small improvements. Anyway I'll keep you posted as I know more from the clinic.

Welcome to the forum. I hope your appointments go well and you get some good news.
Will be thinking about you
aly

Welcome KC, but sorry you have had to come looking for us. There is a Welcome New Members Forum down at the bottom of the Forums list page but here is just fine too.

AL

Welcome KC. I wish you did not need to be here but now you have a lot more people pulling and praying for you! I hope your appt goes well and you get positive news!

Hello KC WELCOME aboard! I was just diagnosed with ALS on Aug. 17, but before that they kept sending me back and forth to neurosugeons and neurologist. I got a 2nd opinion, but still no diagnosis. It wasnt until I went to an ALS Clinic, and saw a neurologist (head of the ALS Clinic in Seattle area) who specializes in ALS that I was able to get a diagnosis. It was difficult because the only presenting symptom was a right foot drop, weakness in the legs. But after having 3 neurologist do the 4limb EMG nerve testing, ( that was very un-nerving!)finally he was able to give me a diagnosis. I had a few twitches, but very sporadic, no swallowing or breathing problems. So rely on the ALS clinic, they know their stuff. Meanwhile I am with you. I know the stress of waiting to figure out what is going on. My prayers are that it is not ALS, but know that if it is, here at the Forum, you will not be alone, you have many folks walking with you, all the way. Blessings, Sequoia

Had my appointment today with the head of the ALS clinic for south Louisiana and I have been dianosed with MND. While we were praying for a different outcome, I am confident in my faith that God will not give me more than I can handle. I plan on living my life to the fullest and while I know there will be difficult days ahead, I will keep my spirits up and my sense of humor in tact. I'm sure I'll be around often looking for advice and offering encouragement. Thanks for all of the support you guys provide!

Dear KC,
Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry about your diagnosed, but I know you will find support,
love, answers and prayers here.
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back