Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
In
City
Central IN
I have experienced stiffness and pain in my calf muscles for over 7 months. EMG 4 months ago was clean. Passed the neuro test & didn't show Babinski sign. Out of nowhere a week or so ago the stiffness is gone. Now they just feel a little weak and gimpy. The left calf where it started definitely feels a little weaker than the right and my balance seems a little off when I walk. Does stiffness stick around for a long time then just go away in folks with UMN involvement? Does it come back? I still feel weak & can't really exercise. I also just started feeling similar tightness and occassional muscle burning in my trapezius & neck muscles.

hi . . Have you had your spine checked out
for disc damag? . .or pinched nerve perhaps . ?

hi lotjo.
its hard to say and 7mths is not that long.............many with pls can have symptoms for years before a diagnosed.
personally,my stiffness and pain gradually got worse over a few weeks and has been there 24/7 for 11yrs since.
it could be you had a virus that caused your symptoms and your slowly recovering.
with new onset of these type of symptoms its a wait and see game.
what explanation have you been offered?
if the stiffness and pain comes back and is persistant for a while then definatley see a neuro.

Neuro said maybe bfs. I just started having speaking issues (weak, hoarse voice) with odd swallowing sensation at my last follow up with the neuro and he wouldn't look at it. Referred me to an ent who is treating me for reflux but it hasn't helped. I'm just getting tired and scared.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back