Distinguished member
Country
US
State
Alabama
City
Auburn
Hey everyone,

I need prayer today. Its been 6 months goodness it hasnt felt that long. Please pray for me this morning I'll be getting my 6 month follow-up EMG. I hope this is my last one geeze I'm tired.

Anyway I just hope my EMG doesnt show any active denervation now. I feel pretty good no significant progression in 6 months if anything I'd say I'm better than I was 6 months ago. But we all know I'm a medical question mark anyway.

Just in need of prayer today hoping there is no change in diagnosis.

Love you all,

Kelly

Kelly,

I will say a prayer for you and hope that you have a great visit and an uneventful EMG! Stay strong and keep the faith! My prayes go out to you!

hi, i am new but would like to wish you good luck . . Hope that the brakes are well and truly on. .

Good luck Kelly!

Hey everyone,

I went to Dr. Douchebag today and of course his refreshing piss poor attitude really got my day off to a fantastic start. Ugh! So he did my clinical exam and looked at me and said "why are you here?" I said you told me to come back for a 6 month followup EMG. And to which he replied that I didn't need it. He said I am still 5/5 all around and my muscles look great.

He added that being that its been 8 months with no weakness that its a pretty good sign. He was kinda frustrated that I am no longer treating Lyme's but I told him I dont see a sense in it being that my titer was finally negative after two years of being positive.

So all in all I am good and he said at the one year mark if I am still 5/5 and am having no problems he is going to set me free from follow-ups. The only thing he was concerned about is that my reflexes are even more brisk than 6 months ago but he said I know you hate seeing me so he attributed it to that. But still no Hoffman's, Babinski, or clonus.

So all in all a good day and I dont have to go back until next April. He said that if it was ALS I would be seeing some sort of progression in 8 months and that progressions can be slow but not that slow. He took away my multiplex diagnosis and gave me ulnar nerve neuropathy? of which I laughed. He said this was because it showed slow nerve conduction 6 months ago. I just laughed and was like ok whatever you say homie.

Anyway, thank you guys for your well wishes. I wanted to let everyone know that I put together the Skydive for ALS Georgia on October 30th in Cedartown, Georgia. We already have 60 attending and I'm excited to jump out of a plane for you guys. If you are on facebook search Skydive for ALS Georgia and write on the wall something about yourself. We have a ton of Auburn students jumping that have no clue about ALS and I think if they could relate to our PALS it would help get them motivated for donations.

Thank you all and I'll be in touch. And PS I got engaged!

I love you all
Kelly

Congratulations, and more congratulations! I am very happy for you! Enjoy your engagement and I hope you have a wonderful life.

What a great time in your life! Getting engaged, knowing that you have no need to worry about ALS, I am very happy for you! Also thank you for putting together the skydive and raising ALS awareness! Best of luck to you, I wish you continued happiness!

Way to go Kelly! We knew you could do it and a big thanks for spreading the word for us.

What great news for us all, and best wishes re you engagement.
Thanks for sharing.Pat:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back