Country
XX
State
xxxxxx
City
xxxxx
12528-hand-albums385-again-left-hand-picture2639.html

12528-hand-albums385-left-hand-looks-wrinkled-atrophied-picture2638.html

https://www.alsforums.com/forum/mem...s-thiner-thenar-muscle-wrist-picture2641.html
PLZ CHECK OUT THIS PICTURE OF MY LEFT HAND AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK..I CAN SEE A DENT NEAR THE THUMB IN THE THENAR MUSCLE THAT DOESNT EXIST IN MY RIGHT ARM.
TODAY AS I WAS WATCHING MY LEFT ARM I THOUGH I SAW A SINGLE FASCICULATION IN THE THENAR AREA
.ALSO THE LAST PIC IS SHOWING THENAR DIFFERENCES AND LEFT WRIST SMALLER THAN RIGHT...THE LAST PICTURE IS OF MY RIGHT HAND SO YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE...
12528-hand-albums385-my-left-hand-picture2637.html

OPINIONS NEEDED
THANK YOU

My untrained humble opinion - from the pics I see nothing at all different in hands or wrists.

Are you serious with this?
I just saw your pics on your profile album - THIS IS NOTHING LIKE ATROPHY ! Not 0.00000000000000001 %

I'm not sure I'd know atrophy if it jumped up, bit me in the butt and introduced itself, "Hello! I'm Atrophy! Look at what I can do!"

Wish I could help you on this one!

thank you for your answers...its just the left wrist seems smaller like 1.5 cm smaller or smth i dont know if that is the case and because i see for ex one dent in left hand thats not in the other or because it seems more wrinkled...has more lines than the other i immediatelly thought atrophy...thank you so much for your replys

Hi Ally,

I wish there was something I could say that would help ease your mind about this. The best advice I can give would be to look for a doctor that's open minded and listens to your concerns. It's a long process and you need someone that you can trust. I know that's not always easy... I can tell you that from experience... but you have to try. I wish you luck!

Naeco,

I see you are worrying again and you noticed atrophy in your hand? Can you post some pics of it?

hey thank you for your words...i will do that!have you seen the pics?can you tell me what you think?any opinion will be valued thank you!

Naeco,

I see you are worrying again and you noticed atrophy in your hand? Can you post some pics of it?

The pics should be in the "Back to where I started" thread... maybe they're not loading or something

so you think is normal?one wrist smaller and hand more wrinklrd than the other or just different?my left palm seems like it has soaked in water or smth...

hey thank you for your words...i will do that!have you seen the pics?can you tell me what you think?any opinion will be valued thank you!

I'm sorry I don't know much about atrophy and I know nothing about the early stages of it... I guess it was happening right in front of me for awhile now without me even noticing so I can't help much there. The only reason I know it's atrophy is because I have a chunk of muscle that's missing from the side of my hand... and I have a smaller chunk that's missing on the other side... that's about as much as I know at this point.

If it helps at all, the bigger concern was the weakness. That's only reason I even started looking for the changes in my hands. I did a strenght test when I went to physical therapy... it was one of the hand grips where it measures the amount of pressure you can put into the hand grip... I measured just over 20 psi or something like that and then the therapist showed me what's expected and it went up over 70 fairly easily when he tried it. He wasn't very surprised when I asked him about the atrophy in my next visit. I've had the pregressive weakness for well over a year now so in my experience I wouldn't worry much if the muscle looks a little bit curious but there's no change in strength. I hope that helps explain my limited experience with this a little bit better...

yes thank you i still can button shirts unlock doors open jars etc...but sometimes i feel pain doing it...is that a symptom?

yes thank you i still can button shirts unlock doors open jars etc...but sometimes i feel pain doing it...is that a symptom?

I'm not sure about the pain... I wouldn't really describe it that way.... it just feels like the muscles don't respond to the amount of energy you're trying to exert... it just feels like you need to push a little bit harder... but when you do... the weakness just gets worse and the strength becomes even less.... it's just makes things worse when I try to push through it... not sure if that makes sense but it's hard for me to describe it any other way.

i see i sometimes feel that pulling in my muscles.do you get that ?
..i make everyday exercises locking doors opening jars picking books from the ground with my forefinger and thumb only or manicures,or bottles...i dont know...i tried to lift a chair once....im afraid that day by day i will lose strenght or smt...alhought things do seem heavier in left hand than on right and thenar muscle thinner....i dont know...

oh and another thing...does your hand seem sort of wrinkled ?like the lines are more prominent?
also is your wrist affected?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back