Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
Va
City
Southern
I tried my best to figure out another diagnosis for what is happening to me and I see there is not any other option. I'm scared...I want to get up and fight like hell, but I just want to hide or sleep. What do I do? Just like all of you, I never thought we would be here. I'm calling all Angels...

Hang in there. Im very sorry you've been diagnosed. It must be a very hard thing to accept.
I hope you will feel comfortable enough to continue to share your story with us.
Take care.

Will be thinking and hugging you from afar. These are difficult times, but this group is here for you. They make each of my days brighter. We will be your Cyber angels and try and make your days brighter as well.

Love to you Aly

Did you check into Lyme? Lyme tests are very innaccurate, especially if you've been infected many years. Have you tried any antibiotics?

I'm sure they tested me for Lyme disease. They did a lot of bloodwork. They have not tried any Rx's, however he wants me to start taking the only drug out there. I'm so scared of suffering. I know I must look like a whimp for saying that but they are my raw emotions. I have almost 4 year old twins and just came out of a horrible divorce. I just don't know what to do. My head stays dizzy and I'm afraid to be alone.

Sounds like you have found the right place to provide support and hugs from afar. I know you are afraid and feeling like you are alone but this forum is a great place to come to make your days a bit brighter.

My forum family is an inspiration when I need a boost or a kick in the a$$! When I have questions or need to know how to do things easier - I turn to this forum. When I am angry or sad, someone always listens and helps me get thru the rough spots.

Hang in there. You and your twins are in my prayers. And remember that many of us have had this disease for many years and are still going strong. I pray that yours is a slow progression as well.

Hugs and blessings,

Diane

hang in there, u r not alone. i too went thur a divorce right after my diagnosis but my son was much older n im still here.

Dang Twinmommie, my prayers are with you and the kids. I too was diagnosed in august. lots of ups and downs in the whole processing of this als disease. as others have said, this is an incredible forum that has helped me tremendously! plan for the future...but don't get too far ahead of yourself...at least for me...God has given me enough strength to handle each "stage". blessings to you!

Twinsmonnie, I am very sorry for your diagnosis. All the emotions you are experiencing are certainly normal and justifiable. We are all human and will deal with all ends of the emotional spectrum. You need to believe and hold on to the factthat there is life after diagnosis. ALS is not who you are it is a condition that you have to deal with. That being said you are the same person you were the day before your diagnosis and tomorrow you will do the same things you did yesterday. Yes there will changes overtime and the new normal will be different then your old normal. That is even more reason to value everyday. Spend everyday, living, loving, laughing and yes sometimes crying. You are obviously blessed with your family, make sure they know how much you love them and care about them and focus on all of the positives. Easier said then done I know, but we are all here for you to lean on. My prayers go out to you and your family. Stay positive, stay strong and keep the faith! - Ted

Twinmommie,

I am so sorry for what you are having to go through and deal with. Life takes some interesting turns when we least expect it. That has certainly been the case for me. This forum is a great place for support and to vent. I was diagnosed in August and I have 2 young sons at home. I will pray for both of us that this disease goes slow, so we can help get our kids raised. Make sure to ask for lots of help from family , friends etc. to come along side you and the kids to help make it easier. We are here for you.

Rox

Don't give up so easily. I've been on ceftriaxone for 5 months now and am feeling alot better. My progression has stopped in my arms and reversed in my legs. I'm having trouble with my neck now but I'm hoping that's an old whiplash injury. If not, I plan to go to a chiropractor and then PT.

I'm 50 and have a 14 yr old son that I waited many years to have. I'm not leaving him so soon!

What is Ceftriaxone and in what way has your condition improved?

Ceftriaxone is an antibiotic, delivered thru IV. It is being tested for ALS and used to fight Lyme. There is a drug trial currently using it for ALS. I'm anxious to see how others have responded.

I may be just delaying the inevitable but I had to try it. I've had mixed results, an increase in energy and leg strength, swallowing is better, but recently lost strength in my neck.

I was just diagnosed with als & it feels like I am in a bad dream. I have 2 awesome grandchildren & I want to see them grow up ! This isn"t fair !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back