Diagnosis
0/0000
Country
US
State
PA
City
Exton
I am 33 years old. About two months ago, I was diagnosed with gastroparesis (Paralyzed stomach) I took Levaquin for an ear infection for two days then stopped, then I was prescibed Reglan for a day and a half. After taking it, I developed muscle facilitations in both legs that occur when I am at rest, constantly. A week ago I started with tremors in my hands, and now I have tremors when I rest on my elbow. I also am awakened every night at 4am with a feeling like the bed is vibrating and I am vibrating internally. I can't pinpoint where it is coming from exactly. My arms feel tired after holding my hairdryer and doing my hair. I have lots of perceived weakness, but no signs yet of actual weakness. I went to my GP and she tested my leg strength, which I did feel strain and shaky muscles when I tried to resist her hand, and found I had brisk reflexes in both knees. When I raise and lower my arms, my muscles in my upper back feel shaky or stuttery. I have 3 small children and am so afraid that this could be ALS.

I also forgot to mention that I feel like something is squeezing my throat and I have two bulging discs, one on my neck and one in my lower back.

You can safely put ALS out of your mind. It does not come on that fast and what you are describing are not ALS symptoms.

The fact you have 2 bulging discs is a good starting point to have corrected, they could be what is causing your problems.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back