Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
oh
City
orrville
Not sure about where to begin,First felt body aches and pains sort of like the flu. Then noticed twithching in my legs that soon were felt all over pretty strong mostly at night. this went on for a few weeks. Then while biking on a wooded trail noticed unrelenting post nasal drip that I seemed to be slightly aspirating, couldnt clear my throat enough. This has continued for the last 5 weeks . While the twitches have subsided to much milder sensations at night and some times during the day.My right leg feels tired and heavy. The throat and swallowing issues have become more constant and nowand alot of ear pain (fluid filled). I feel I have difficulty getting solids to go down with out many tries. and often feel like liquids cause throat clearing and a burning sort of feeling in throat and chest. Still have constant post nasal drip. Neuro did MRI brain and c-spine bloodwork for autoimmune disease, all clear. EMG and Nerve conduction of legs not back yet. Neuro didnt seem to think the post nasal drip was of any real concern. Any thoughts? Fearing the worse.

Terry

Terry, bulbar onset ALS starts with slurred speech and then progresses to swallowing problems and then much, much later affects the limbs. So the answer is no.

Thanks for your quick reply. I have been reading this forum for the last month and appreciate your opinion.
The knowledge base in this forum is impressive. Still worried, but again THANK YOU

I agree with Barry. It doesn't sound like ALS to me either.

AL.

Doesn't sound like bulbar ALS at all! My husband has bulbar ALS and what you describe is not comparable to his symptoms. The tongue is what is affected, as it is a huge muscle, used for speaking, eating, swallowing. With bulbar onset, liquids would be the first culprits, not solids.

To all who replied, thanks for the input. I need to be patient and wait for test results. The more I read the more anxious I become.
Again thanks for yor time,

Terry

The more I read the more anxious I become.

A very common occurrence here with a very simple solution. Until your doctor says it might be ALS or MND, taking medical advice from Dr. Giggle is a fool's errand. There is nearly as much misinformation about ALS/MND on the Internet as there is accurate information. Unfortunately, Giggle's vaunted scoring method doesn't measure truth -- it just measures links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back