Loved one DX
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Burlington
An Appeal for Support and Conformation of MRI Results

My daughter has lived with ALS-like symptoms for almost 3 years. The worst of the symptoms began when her simvastatin was increased to 80mg in 2008.

Her MRIs show LESIONS in the brain stem, specifically in the PONS area of her brain.

Of course, her 4 physicians refuse to believe that a statin is involved. They are all satisfied with the diagnosis of “Ataxia”.

My daughter needs to know that she is not alone in her suffering. She needs to know that she is not the only one crippled, and that there may be hope for her condition.

My Appeal is to all those who are/were on statins and have similar brain lesions as shown and documented in MRIs. Please reply here, or contact her father directly: Dr Stephen Arvay

I know I shouldn't reply as I've seen you posted this same text all over the Internet... but I can't help myself.

First and foremost, I am sorry to hear about your daughter. She is absolutely not alone in suffering from ataxia. By the way, ataxia is a symptom and not a diagnosis. The doctors should know better.

I hope for the sake of your daughter that she is shielded from your crusade against statins. Have you considered the disease progression was coincidental? I actually see there are studies going on now about statins possibly slowing the progression of MS (less lesions).

At any rate, please look up "Central pontine myelinosis". Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back