Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
WV
City
Fairmont
For those who have offered information and support in regard to my sister, her second round of blood work came back with no irregularities (I'll admit that I was hoping for something relatively straightforward and correctable like mild anemia). Still has weakness and hyperreflexes in the legs, including Babinski, but no symptoms or hyperreflexes in upper body, which her doctor said is a good sign as far as lack of progression of symptoms goes. She has her first EMG/MRI scheduled for this Thursday, and although I've read on here that some people have recieved their results right away, her doctor told her that she will have to wait for the results.

Thanks again to all those who have offered support and advice.

I am sorry your sister is still wondering what is going on. I was hoping she would have gotten a diagnosis and treatment by now. We will hope the EMG brings good news!

Thanks, joelc. As opposed to my general nature of wanting to always have an answer and "fix" things, the more I have learned about MND and related problems, the more I have come to accept that we might not get a 100% diagnosis, but at least the EMG will be a major step towards knowing where to go next.

We heard from my sister's primary care physician that her EMG reslts are "clean." She still has to meet with a nuerologist to go over the test results in more detail, including the MRI, about which we haven't heard anything yet, but based on her primary's feedback and everything I've read on here, that means no ALS/MND. She is still experiencing the exact same hyper-reflexes/leg weakness, but so far no further progression. Wherever things go from here, though, we are very grateful for this good news.

That is terrific news. so many other neuro and related problems are treatable today.

Good luck to your sister and kudos to you for being such a big support to her.

Sandra

Thank you, Sandra, we're not sure at this point if it's a nuero problem or who knows what in the world else, though her bloodwork is all normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back