CA
State
Ontario
City
Cambridge
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in months. Several things are happening to my body:
1. I have ripples in my fore arm muscles and side of legs
2. Every morning my fingers are numb and hurt but do get a little better as the day progresses
3. My mid stomach fills like there is an ache in there
4. When I grab things with my baby finger my whole arm shakes.
5. I wear knee supports as my knees are sore and boney
6. My throat is dry and sore but I can swallow without any issues.
7. I do lose my breathe if I walk long distance.
8. I really don't get a good sleep and wake up 3-4 times per night.

I have another emg on aug 25. I have had 4 emg's with them all coming back normal last one being Feb 9 2010.
I guess my fears is the ripples that are very noticable in my arms and side of legs. I don't have the strength I used to have.
I can go out and golf with a cart and hit the ball which is good.

I question why I would have ripples in my muscles. I haven't been told to this point that I have anything as no one(doctors) know.
If anyone as any insight I would much appreciate it as this site the people have so much knowledge

Thank You
Trevor

Trevor I remember your prior posts and your concerns. I can't tell you that you don't have ALS, but those symptoms are pretty vague and don't point to ALS.

Are "ripples" moving ripples, like twitches, or just the way the muscle is shaped? Never heard that term before.

Ripples in my muscles (when they are flexing) are normal, my neuro told me

Ripples- when I flex I have a ripple or groove on top of my arm and down the side of my legs. My knees and especially my fingers are sore when I move them. As I've had a couple of flare ups with my colitis in the past but for the last 8 months no issues. I ran into an alternative doc and med doc who recommended low dose naltrexone which hasn't been approved by the FDA or Cdn medical but it works wonders for colitis and crohns and has no side effects compared to all the other med crap.
I've got that under control but still dealing with my muscle issues. My fingers in the morning can hardly move. I had 3 good months of doing things with just a few breathing issues and sore muscles. the last three weeks things are getting a little worse as I cant sleep and my fingers and knees are acting up. I have an appt w/ Reumoid(not great speller) so we will see what happens there. I did a sleep study and I don't know how anybody could sleep with 100 wires hanging from your head plus tubes shoved up your nose. I get resuolts on Thursday from that.
sorry from the ramblaming but I just want to get better.

Trevor,

I had to re-read your initial post on this thread as I kept on reading you had, "nipples in your muscles". I suppose it's time to put the reading glasses on!

I wouldn't be complaining about that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back