Not open for further replies.

sweetlkj

Country
US
State
Tn
City
Cookeville
Hello everyone. So 15 weeks ago I was ravished with horrible unnatural muscle spasms from my head to my toes. I have had spasms in my ribs my stomach, my arms and my legs. EVERYWHERE So tomorrow I will finally have my answer. I didn't plan this visit on twitches alone but I have had some facial numbness or facial tension and some hand cramps. Cramps in both hands and the legs. I know from some of you who were so gracious and kind to answer my questions that I don't sound like ALS because I have no weakness. However, since this whole thing started I began to pray for all of you and ask others to pray. This episode has given me an awareness to this disease on many levels but unfortunately I know the disease all to well. My next door neighbor had it BUT I am proud to say HE LIVED WITH IT for 13 years only to lose one hand and part of another. He died after surgery of a blood clot 13 years after being diagnosed He was still walking and upright before he died. My moms best friends husband died 6 years after being diagnosed in 1994. I have seen all the faces of this disease. I mentioned the disease the other day at lunch and my two well educated friends and they had never heard of it until I mention Lou's name and then they didn't know what it was. WOW. How lucky are they not to know anything about this. SO to update you on my spasm and myself I will tell you that for 7 days I have taken Magnesium 2 -250mgs and my twitches have all but stopped. Maybe my spasms heard I was going to the doctor or maybe it was the Magnesium or the 10000 prayers I sent up. I literally went from having 100 plus twitches a day to maybe 5-10. One week ago I was having them nonstop. I am also on a ton of other vitamins and none of them fazed me until the magnesium. I am still having the hand cramps in both hands. Not sure if they are cramps are stingers. I had one in my butt and leg today as well. Soreness kind of feeling. I hope and pray for good results for me and I just wanted you to know for the last 2 months I have prayed for all of you and a cure. Much love and hugs for comfort!

I think you will get good news. Twitching and cramps are not an initial sign of ALS as far as I understand. Nor would it hit that rapidly (twtiching body wide suddenly). That is what happened to me and I still don't have weakness (3 months in). The big thing to remember is ALs is a disease of WEAKNESS not anything else. It's the weakness/atrophy that is the problem.

here is a good article to read if you get a benign diagnosis like I did:

AboutBFS.com • View topic - als twitching vs bfs twitching

Read that article about 3 months ago. I have exhausted Dr. Google. Good thing he's free. Neuro went well. Still having twitches mostly in my face now. Last week was arm week the weak before was foot week. I am also on the bfs forum. Still praying for a cure for ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back