Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
IN
State
Maharashtra
City
Thane
My heart goes out to those who have been diagnosed with ALM. Their suffering brings tear to me.

However,I am also equally worried about my friends here who DON'T have ALS, DON'T have substantial symptoms and are informed by
their neuro that the don't have ALS.

And STILL they are suffering the trauma of ALS patient in their mind, if not in the body.

Thanks to google.

I too have suffered a lot due to this and I really really don't want anyone else to suffer.

Do you check the symptoms again and again?
Do you test the strength of legs/arms by doing particular actions like walking on toes, lifting things?
Do you walk very conciously feeling that you will trip?
Do you see everything that is happening to your body with great deal of sensitivity?
Once the fasciculations begin, do they take you and all your attention?
On waking up, is it the first thought on your mind to check whether you are twitching anywhere? And then wait for them to be felt?

It's obviously health anxiety disorder, obsession about health, especially fatal diseases.

Generalized symptoms all over body can't be something deadly like ALS.

If I tell you that your symptoms are similar to my onset of CIDP, then will you look up CIDP in google and be convinced in few hours that you have CIDP instead of ALS?

This does indicate that you need counselling and medication for your mind. Please don't worry. Take professional help.

Join some other forum, like photography, nature, blogging. There are so many good things in life.

Why keep thinking about deadly diseases and be compulsive?

Please come out of this and enjoy life. Its only once..

ALS is such a disease that even with most available tests, anyone cant be sure that you have it or you don't.

It's poorly understood disease.

By the very very low probability of incidence itself you don't need to think about ALS with fasciculations and weakness.

Both these symptoms are FAR TOO COMMON in many general health issues, or even fatigue.

If we think on these lines, all of us are potential ALS patients waiting for time to tell their fate.

How much time are we going to spend (waste) in anxiety and dwell on each statement of the medical professional?

We even google the words that neuro used.

Whole life will be gone.. By the time you are sure that you don't have ALS, it will be time to go anyway..

If it's ALS today, it may be cancer tmw and MS day after..the attitude is of worrying and needs self and professional help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back