Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
WA
City
Lake Stevens
Has anyone with bulbar symptoms or not had a feeling of numbness on the lip or chin? I did yesterday on the lower half of my lip and chin. It was brief but happened none the less.

Thanks, Rox

No Numbness is not a symptom

Rox, I keep getting the same answer that ALS does not present with sensory issues, but I get so discouraged when I read posts like the following......

"Diagnosed with POSSIBLE ALS"and I am 23...

hello all. I was on here about 4 months ago wondering if ALS could be a possiblity of being an answer to my problems. I received a reply that I was being stupid for wasting somebody's time since I didn't fit all of the criteria. Well I'm back, to tell my story...since I feel that wasn't the end of my journey but the very beginning. The short of it is, I woke up in October, with lack of sensation on my left side. Not numbness, because I could still tell when someone was pushing on my side/sharp/dull pain...it was just decreased from my right side.

A dear friend was just DX

My Mom's best friend for the past 20 something years has always been like my big sister. My mom always said that she raised us together - even though she's only a few years younger than herself. lol Anyway - 15 months ago when my daughter was born she was healthy, in October - she was healthy - by Thanksgiving she was feeling a lot of numbness in her left arm and by Christmas that arm was numb. After a ton of testing she was just diagnosed with ALS.

I also remember reading about bala80 whose symptoms were pretty obscure and he was told repeatedly by members NO ALS. His started with burning in his feet. This 27yo young man was diagnosed and chose to pursue controversial stem cell treatments in China. So you can see where all the confusion and anxiety come from.

Thoughts?
Peace to all,
Amye

Bulbar but no numbness here. The most dead part of my body is my tongue and it has never been numb, the same goes for the rest of my face.

Amye, you can always find something on here to support anything. The only problem is figuring how much of it is real and how much is not.

Good luck

Strange that you should ask. Past few months I'll get numb patches on face. Cheek, chin, part of forehead. Asked Neuro about it and he had no explanation. Last week or so chin numbness for varying lengths of time, every day. Fascics in chin now noticible. Think bulbar symptoms are starting. Limb onset was diagnosed in 03.

AL.

Thanks for all the input. it sounds like there are typical symptoms and atypical symptoms because eveyone if affected so differently yet similar. what may happen to one person does not it mean it does for the other as our nerves are affected in different areas and different ways.

You are all so appreciated,

thanks, Rox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back