Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
ks
City
wichita
I get cramps quite frequently in my left foot, my emg is dirty for this leg. I also get cramps in my right foot, but not as frequent, the emg showed an occasional +1 positive sharp waves, this was almost two years ago. My question is, given my emg results does a cramp mean there is progression or an increase in denervation now in my right foot?

Hello Tom

Given that cramps are causes by a multitude of different things, it's too difficult to say, so it could very well be that your cramps have absolutely nothing to do with progression. I wish I had more insight for you but there are simply too many variables to truly give an opinion.

Thanks Wright, they always happen at night and last for about 15 minutes than gone. Cramps really suck.

Thanks Wright, they always happen at night and last for about 15 minutes than gone. Cramps really suck.

Enjoy them because when you no longer have them you will not be moving as there will be no muscle left. LOL.

That is a positive way to look at them, lately I don't take anything for granted. Thanks I will try to remember that, it should help.

My husband's neuro told him to drink Tonic Water for the cramps because it has quinine in it. Add a shot of Hanger 1 Vodka - made in the good old USA - and a wedge of lime and even if the quinine doesn't help the cramp - you just don't give a flip. :) I take the doctor's orders seriously - he can eat and drink whatever he wants, as much as he wants, whenever he wants. I am proud to be an enabler! :):) lol Mary

Marya,

I just thought what you said was too funny to pass up a good HAHA! LOL!

Jewelchic - Welcome to the forums - just remember you have to have a sense of humor when you can on this thing - otherwise we'd all be in a padded room with only crayons for company. ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back