Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Oregon
City
Portland
I am so sorry to bother you guys but I have a question that I would love to have answered when you guys were diagnosed with als did you guys go to the dr because you had over 1000 twitches a day all over in random spots or did you guys go because of weakness or speech problems only later to see that you were having twitches?

also if someone has been having twitches everyday for over ten months and small crampy sensations for a month but has not lost weight and has no muscle weakness and 2 clean emgs and 3 neuro clinical exams and all the tests you can think of should als still be considered as a cause? this post is for my son who is 33 he is losing his mind over the fear of the big one as he calls it I wish I knew how to reassure him with facts and you guys know first hand thank you in advance

ps I signed in to his account on here

thanks
Worried Mom

With 1 clean EMG ALS can be ruled out. We finally went in to the Doc because of weakness and talking and walking and breathing issues. His twitches(actually fasticulations) were not in random places. Started on right side, then after about a yr started spreading to left side as well as weakness spreading to left side. The cramps he had were BIG Charleyhorse style cramps that brought him to tears. You are right to be a worried Mom but not because he has ALS, but because his obsession over ALS can cause him serious anxiety problems, that can lead to health problems, but it will not lead him to an ALS DX. ALS is rare, but it is real and a lot of people do have it, but not someone who has been tested and come up clean. Good luck to you!

Thank you so much lori you guys are in my prayers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back