Loved one DX
Country
US
State
WI
City
Milwaukee
First, I don't think I have ALS!

But, I have an EMG in two weeks. I've had some pain, tingling, and burning sensations in my legs and my doc is just being cautious as my dad passed from ALS. I think it's stress.

Anyway, I teach a 2-hour class after the EMG. I remember Dad saying he was uncomfortable as a result of the test. I inherited his low pain tolerance! :) Anyway, is it reasonable to expect I'll be able to stand for two hours very shortly after without much discomfort?

Thanks!

You'll be fine after the EMG. They are a little uncomfortable during the process, but not afterwards.

BUT, I have a high pain tolerance too. I don't complain about much - nobody wants to hear it 'cept your momma anyways.:)

Hi Lisaann,

I did not find the EMG to be too bad at all, uncomfortable, but not painful and I do not have the greatest pain tolerance. I thought the nerve conduction study with the shocks was worse.

just try to relax and you'll be OK. It should be OK to do your normal activities afterward.

so very sorry to hear about your dad and so hoping the EMG is normal for you. I do not believe tingling, burning, and sensory stuff is generally associated with ALS, but you would probably know better than I, since your dad had it.

Good luck to you!

Sandra

With the EMG/NCT tests my husband has had, the process is 'uncomfortable', but not 'painful'...more draining I think-emotionally-if lots of sites are tested.

You should be fine to do your class afterwards, though.
Peace,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back