Reason
Other
Country
US
State
nj
City
somerset
How long before I can stop worrying? Would I have noticed anything else going on by now? :sad:

Its been 3 mo's & I still cant move my toe. I dont have twitches but I still am worried. I had such a quick emg, only a few needles.

So sad,

When can you stop worrying? Anytime you want! It is up to you regardless of what is happening. Worry does not solve anything and unless you get it under control there will always be something that you can worry about.

Sorry, I know this is not the answer you wanted but it is the truth.

SL, Joel is right. Some people say "While there is life, there is hope" and others say "While there is life, there is worry".

It is "likely" that you would have noticed other symptoms by now but then I am neither a neurologist or a psychologist so that is all I will say.

I agree with Joel, but it's lot easier to prioritize your thinking and put bad thoughts aside when you have a firm diagnosis to work with. Until you have a firm diagnosis -- which might be a year or more -- you have to decide every moment of every day how much control you are going to let ALS have in your life. Nobody can make that decision for you. Nobody can stick to your decision for you. And nobody can keep ALS from living in your head rent-free but you.

The best thing you can do for yourself is get a better diagnosis. Second opinion for sure and third opinion, if necessary. You know what questions to ask now, so badger the new doctors until they give you a specific diagnosis and the reasons why they made that diagnosis. The ball is absolutely in your court -- are you going to play it or not?

Good luck getting rid of your bad "tenant". Hope he's out of there sooner, rather than later.

Joel, Barry & Trfogey,

Thank you. I realize there is not much more you can say. Thank you for the kind words.
I m just worried, I hope the emg was in the right muscle.

Sorry to be a bother
Thank you, once again

I love the user name you've chosen - SilverLining - I do understand how lack of a diagnosis becomes really hard to handle. We went for 4 years not knowing what just knowing what my husband had. Partially I think somewhat incompetent neuro, partially me for not taking control of his health issues, and partly him acting like nothing could ever really be wrong with him. I take my cue from my husband - he has lived every day of his life fully. He always has. He searches out people to help. He always has. As ill as he is, he still takes the time to email people in his life who are in need of encouragement or support - including me - and a friend told me he has emailed his friends to ask them to email me with words of support. He was christened with a tag line in college over 40 years ago that stuck - Marty, Marty, the one man party - and that's how he has lived - as if life is a party and he's the guest of honor. And he has great faith. For me It's been a course in how to have fun during our marriage. All I'm saying is continue to look for that silver lining - look for whatever positive thing you can find and let it be your encouragement. Mary

I agreed with all the posts- worry does no good- even when you get a diagnose there is always something to worry about. Not to worry is a choice. I've decided to tie up all my loose ends, do what I need to do know while I still can and forget about the things I can no longer do. Be perpared but don't sit and wait for it- that would drive anyone crazy. What will be will be and we can only with what we have. Make a list of all the joys you have right now in your life and maybe your worry will disapate- Karin

SilverLining,
I completely understand the frustration of no clear diagnosis. We will be one year into our diagnostic journey next month, with still no firm diagnosis, other than "MND-unspecified". The possibility of ALS is there. But, we've been working hard to see the gift in NOT ALS...while I truly HATE the unknown- NOT ALS, still has hope that they will figure it out, and there will be a treatment possibility.

I pray you are able to enjoy your life, and focus on the joys. That's been the gift for us. Removing the "white noise" of our lives and living very intentionally every day.

Peace,
Melody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back