Could this be als? If someone could answer, TY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverLining

Reason
Other
Country
US
State
nj
City
somerset
I have been looking thru some posts but was unable to find anything as such.

I am unable to curl my right big toe under as I do with my left foot. It has strength but definately not as strong as my left foot. Is this foot drop?

No foot drop occurs when shin muscles get weak allowing your foot to slap down on floor.

AL.

No, it isn't foot drop.

What other symptoms do you have that make you think you might have ALS?

Thank you for a very speedy response! I dont believe I have other symptoms. I dont know what the others are. Where does als start? Can it start in the foot? Can my symptom be als early onset weekness?

Would anyone know How can I send a PM? Thanks for reading,

You won't be able to send private messages here until you have made some more posts here. How many, I don't know, but it is not a tremendously large amount.

I'm curious -- if you don't know what the symptoms of ALS are, why would you ask whether a stiff toe was a symptom of ALS? More specifically, why would you come to an ALS board for advice on what appears to be an orthopedic or podiatric problem?

I am curious too. How did you find this forum? And where did you get information that a toe problem could be related to ALS?

Dr. Google sends them here,
it's up to us to steer them clear,
If you have a weak right toe,
it surely is ALS you know!

I typed in toe weekness in google search and a post came up from someone here, it was from a spidercomrade from 2007.

May i ask why i feel like Ive offended you? I was taken back by the response. I have a Weak toe, not stiff, Sorry to have imposed, Thankyou for your replys,

I've got an idea, too! When someone comes here and repeatedly puts "ALS" and "pinky toe" in the same sentence, Dr. Google, in his dimwitted fashion (not knowing any better) sends people here. His (Dr. Google's) reasoning is, "Hey! There is an awful lot being said about toes and ALS over there so, that must be the place to send folk having toe questions about ALS!".

Just my 2 cents worth...

Last edited:
We are in BIG trouble. I googled cant move pinky toe and it goes GUESS WHERE? HERE

See! I told you!

I got 871,000 results for my search for can't move pinky toe and they are for all over the place but when I put it in quotations like "can't move pinky toe" I get 3 results and they all come here!

Interesting search tip, put your search in quotations and it looks for the exact words or phrase not just for any page that has some or all of the words.

To all of our loved members that are UN DX, you are welcome here. You come her for support and knowledge, and are leaving the DX to your doctors, which is how it should be. Quite honestly, when someone comes on here with symptoms that really do sound like ALS, I do not respond. I just say a quick prayer that they do not have it. HUGS Lori

Since I delurked and became more active here about a year ago, I think I could count the stories that I thought might be something serious on one hand. And as far as what search words and phrases show this site on the first page of Google results-- well, let's just say that "can't move pinky toe" isn't the strangest or most irrelevant one I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back