Jakv

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New York
City
i gave a pretty long summary of all the symptoms i've been going through in the one marked can you PLEASE help me sort this out. could it be this? only because of the heavy tongue, difficulty breathing (or feeling like something is weighing my back down), and speech problems. i'm really confused because the pain/squeezing in the neck and lower back came first. actually the twitching came first. then went away for about 2 weeks. then it came back, and now the heavy tongue/speech thing came last week. if anyone knows more extensively about this illness, please let me know. thanks!

1) No one here has done the medical examination necessary to determine that you have anything that might even be in the same ball park as bulbar palsy.

2) Given your age, the odds of your having any motor neuron disease are approximately zero, even if the symptoms you claim to have are real.

3) If you don't understand medical terminology, why do you read medical websites and try to self-diagnose? Or are you so much smarter than the rest of us that you can practice neurology without the ten or so years of training that most people need?

4) You want detailed answers to your questions -- ask your neurologist. That's what you are paying him for. If you need to hear anything about bulbar palsy, I'm sure your neuro will tell you.

5) Do you know what the difference between a hypochondriac and a forum troll is?

Jakv,

You should find solace that what you describe is not what PALS have had happen in their perception. Nothing that you've described sounds even remotely like ALS to me. Keep in mind that ALS is a rare disease, and of those who have it, the vast majority are in their late 40's - 70's. Slightly more men than women.

The best place to get the kind of answers you need, is at your doctor, during a face to face conversation. The best thing you can do for yourself is to get OFF of the internet, and focusing on what you're worried about, and to get busy doing something (just about anything) else.

If you're not ready to do this ~ again the best option for you, then, there is a search feature on this website. Why not apply the energy you have to reading, rather than asking? If you search the forum (see the white word "Search" up above in the blue bar, between New Posts and Quick Links?)

You may feel you're experiencing health problems that are unique, but yet hoping that others have had experiences similar enough to help guide you. Well, they have. You can definitely find others here who's symptoms will relate to your own. However, NONE of these people have bulbar palsy, or any other variant of ALS. Read it for yourself, poster after poster who has come on here, many even managing to acquire even more symptoms as they got deeper into their "research" here.

Also, perhaps of interest to you, is a forum on this website called "General Discussion about PBP". Feel free to research this forum, as most of it pertains specifically to bulbar ALS.

Good luck to you, I hope you will take what your doctor tells you to heart, and follow his/her advice.

Thanks for the honest replies. I was actually planning to stay away from this site until I saw my neuro on Friday, but I knew I should respond to anyone who was kind enough to answer me. I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back