Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
pa
City
west chester
I am sure you see threads like this all the time, but mine is real.

First symptom NOTICED (I may have been completely oblivious to other symptoms) was my right index finger twitch 1 month and a half ago. I was just chillin studying in the library and my right index finger started to twitch. Only did it a couple times then stopped. This twitch caused my whole finger to move independently of the others, and it kind of jutted out and straightened a little bit, then returned back to normal. 1 month later the twitch is still there, it comes when it wants to, sometimes it make my finger stick out for 2-4 seconds before returning back to normal. I noticed that if I clench my right fist and grip tightly, I can cause the twitch to happen. It will also happen with no work at all, but after it is stressed it will occur as well, such as if I do push ups or something, it will trigger the twitch. No (1 month 1 week after the first twitch) my other fingers are starting to tremor, whole hand is tremoring a little as well.

Along with this twitch came a funny feeling in my legs last week, I noticed them developing a slight soreness. My legs hurt. That soreness has not gone away and has only gotten worse, it causes my legs to shake just by bending at the knee and holding that position for a little. This is not me saying "i THINK my legs are weak".....my legs are weakening people. This is also affecting my upper limbs, this slight weakness. I am sore all over my body, legs, back, neck, forearms, shoulders, you name it. This is R-E-A-L soreness people.

When I am seated or lying in bed I notice like an internal tremble/tremor in my limbs, it is like worms are underneath my skin. It is most apparent in both my hamstrings, my calves, my upper arms (tricep area).

Along with all of these symptoms I am getting the body wide random twitches EVERYWHERE. I am 1 month and 1 week into noticing my finger twitch, before noticing that finger twitch I noticed nothing weird with my body, but now all of this is apparent.

I tested my strength (upper body) and was able to still do about the same amount of push ups I always could, I did 40, (I am 6'2" and weight 170lbs). Pretty skinny kid.

How can you tell if you're wasting, I am definitely getting weaker, twitching, internal worm feelings and all. I am getting random mini headaches as of late as well.

I just noticed that when texting, my thumb sometimes like, doesnt work as well.

I am a 20 year old male who has always been in great shape (Don't let my age tell you I do not have this disease) God has dealt me.

I hope my post does not seem to rash, but I am certain somethin VERY ominous is happening to my body, and ALS is at the top of the list.

Other honorable mentions are MS, Parkinson's, and Brain Tumor.

I have an appt with a neurologist in 2 weeks.

Disprove me or prove me.

God Bless those with an actual Dx btw.

Since you're 100% positive I guess there isn't much for anyone here to say except:
"I am sure you see threads like this all the time, but mine is real."
That is what they all say.

I agree Barry, nothing more to add
chadrh, when you have the results, please come back and inform us of what they suspect you have.

Peter

Last edited:
As I said I do not wish to sound rash, mean, or arrogant, I am just terrified and would like some input from those with experience, I am sorry.

and I said 'this is real' because like you, I see many many threads with people discussing symptoms that do not look anything like ALS, while I feel like mine are clearly displaying this.

You're hilarious. 100% sure! Then why see a neurologist?

Ok I apologize for the title of the thread, i wish i could change it, i'm just scared. Will anyone respond seriously?

Again, I'm sorry.

Chad-

I do not mean to sound rash, mean or arrogant- but really?

You are googling TOO MUCH! Soreness is NOT weakness!
You can still do the same number of push-ups, therefore YOU ARE NOT WEAK !

"... ALS is at the top of the list. Other honorable mentions are MS, Parkinson's and brain tumor." OK, pick one! Better yet, if you want my husband's ALS you can have it.

Sorry for the sarcasm; it has been tough around here. There are real people with real ALS dealing with real problems!

Mare, I am so sorry for the way I came off, this has driven me to tears for the past week now. The unbearable weight of a diagnosed like ALS is something i cannot even imagine (even tho im trying). I am so so sorry Mare.

But I beleive my soreness is DUE to the weakness in my legs.

Thank you for your response.

and dont forget, push ups are primarily chest and triceps, and maybe this area has not been affected yet, and i am only 1 month and a week into my symptoms.

Listen to me-

Soreness is NOT weakness! I think you maybe confusing fatigue with weakness.
(although at 20 yr. old I don't know why you are even thinking about this- shouldn't you be studying?)

My husband's weakness "showed up" one day when we were walking donwhill & I noticed his foot slapping on the ground. "When did this happen" I asked.
"I don't know" he said. ALS weakness sneaks up on someone. You don't monitor it day to day; you don't mark the start of it with twitches (he was not even aware of twitching).

Stop trying to bear the weight of an ALS diagnosed- see the neurologist to put your mind at ease if you want. But, until then, keep busy- go to school or work. Go to the gym or go for a run. And for God's sake, get off the internet!

Good luck!

Disprove me or prove me.

OMG

Last edited:
actually as we speak i am sitting in my college nutrition class, 7:15 - 10:00, I am going to school to become a physical therapist, these new symptoms of mine have led me to want to change my major to something neurologically related, I want to cure diseases like these...

So ur husbands legs never become sore or shaky?

thank you so much for the replies.

Disprove me or prove me.

OMG

I dont know how many times I have to apologize for how my post came off.

I am really sorry, is there anything you can help me with Beth?

thank you.

Chad, I am sorry that I jumped on you, you are young and don't know any better so I should have given you a little more leeway but we all get very annoyed with people who seem to want to have this disease.

I understand what it feels like to be worried about your health but having said that I will say that you should try to relax and wait for and then listen to what the doctor says. First off there is nothing to be gained in having us diagnose you because we can't and won't and secondly if you do have ALS (which I highly doubt) then a couple more weeks is not going to make any difference anyway.

As Mare said internet diagnoses are a waste of time and you will not find any of us here who have actually been diagnosed who will tell you that Dr Google was our neurologist.

And stop trying to imagine what ALS is like cause while we appreciate help from people in trying to support us and to help find a cure we would just as soon not have any more members.

I don't usually respond to threads on the ""Do I Have ALS" forum so I'll say no more and let others take over. Good luck and as I said before, "Let the doctor decide"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back