Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
SWE
State
Sandviken
City
Sandviken
2 months ago I had an episode of severe stress due to the acclaimed dangers of a vaccination i had just recieved. I am kind of a hypochondriac so i fall easily for these kind of things.
Having that said, these are my symptoms;
It started with severe headaches, parathesia in the left side of my head and strange metallic smells (at which time I thought I was going for a stroke or something like that).
It then moved on to very severe pain in my hip, and further on down the leg and on the bottom of the foot, (at which point I suspected Ichias or something similar).
Then I started to have widespread fasciculations on my calves, feet (especially left leg, in which I had the hip pain earlier). The twitches began as very easily detected, like bubbling in the muscle that kind of popped up and went. I went to a doctor who examined me, looked for Babinski, jerked my legs around a little, and concluded I was fine.
Now my twitches are even more widespread, all over my legs, (especially calves and around the knees), evenly distributed over my entire body. Chest, neck, throat, back, feet, legs, arms, hands and shoulders are effected.
I seem to be able to provoke the by tensing my feet and tapping on them, the same for my calves and chest. They are very fine and I can't feel most of them, though they are quite visible.
It's mostly in the evening, after I have moved around a lot and when I tense my muscles.

I don't think I have any "real" clinical weakness; I can stand on my toes, on my heels, stand up from sitting position, push ups etc etc.
My knees are the worst part. My legs feel very heavy and I have experienced som balance problems, (bumping into doorframes etc).

I have had a lot of buzzings sensations down the big nerves in the legs and arms as well. The fasciculations kind of jump from place to place, though as a whole they are more or less constant.
I have som tremors too, mostly in the hands and legs.

I would very much appreciate your thoughts on all this. I think it's very nice of you all to answer questions like these.

Thank you
Sebastian

PS. I should mention that the last weeks, my limbs have a tendensy to "fall asleep" very easily too. But as I said, the fasciculations are what worries me most, that and the heavyness of my legs and sometimes arms.

AND I have had a lot of pain in my lower and upper back aswell, and pains the upper parts of my chest when I breathe in heavily.

Just asking, how old are you?

I am 24 and I live in Sweden. I've been working with disposal of heavy metals from filters in steel mills too, which kind of troubles me.

I'm freaking out to, something must be making us like this. Let me know if you get any answers and ill do the same for you..

Sebastian, it doesn't sound like ALS onset to me, but none of us are doctors. Your own doctor should be making an effort to find out what's happening. If it's Benign Fasciculation Syndrome, he should help you deal with your anxieties. Ask him what your next step is, and if you're not satisfied, seek another doctor for reassurance and/or relief.

I live in a small town in the north of Sweden, and public healthcare isn't always... satisfying. I would really like to go to a neuro, since my facis and back pains just increases, but it's expensive and they don't give you a referral just like that. Since I still can do toestands etc, I'm not qualified for further check-ups. They didn't even take bloodsamples the last time I went. It's kind of frustrating, and that's why I turned to this forum looking for possible answers.

I'm really happy for any kind of response.

I wish only the best for you all.
Kind regards
S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back